8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » The Eumig 807D and 810D...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Eumig 807D and 810D...
Can Sanalan
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2018 08:08 AM      Profile for Can Sanalan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a quick question, which one out of the two models would you choose and why?

Thank you

|  IP: Logged

Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2018 09:24 AM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They are very similar so doesn't make much difference. Some 807Ds were only equipped with 75 watt bulbs. However, if you can get an 810 with the Lux package (better lens) or the High Quality sound package, that is really worth having.

--------------------
There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness

Can Sanalan
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2018 09:40 AM      Profile for Can Sanalan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Zechariah. I'm in the market for a dual format Eumig and I've seen the 807 and 810 but couldn't quite find that much info in regards to the differences between the two.
I have a few standard and super 8mm films and just want something that'll can play both.

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2018 09:41 AM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have an 810D HQS (that I got from Zech) and I use it just for regular/standard 8mm sound only. It is easy on film, very good sound quality and nice bright picture. Also a big picture as well. The other 8mm sound projector I use is a Kodak sound 8 but it has a fixed lens so the picture is much smaller.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 25, 2018 09:47 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can, you can look at this very informative site to compare different models. As Zechariah spotted out, the 807 D has a 75 watts bulbs instead on a 100 watts one and a lower quality lens.

https://www.van-eck.net/itable.php?lang=en&size=0&cat=film&merk=57&type=Mark S 810 D

--------------------
Dominique

John Capazzo
Master Film Handler

- posted March 29, 2018 07:43 PM      Profile for John Capazzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Can,

The 810 usually has a sharper zoom lens and sound was louder.The 807 didn't have wither; but I was happy with the 807 when I've had it.

--------------------
"the image is about 30 feet ahead of us."

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 30, 2018 02:35 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is a "wither" ? When I look at the translation in French, I cannot relate that to a "cine thing". The closest thing that could be the pre-heating lamp system but that's just a guess.

--------------------
Dominique

Martin Dew
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2018 04:17 AM      Profile for Martin Dew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would go for the S810D if you can find one. It has a 1.3 15 - 30 zoom, rather than 1.6 on the 807D, and the brighter 100W lamp, which illuminates a good large picture. Eumig manufactured 130,000 S807Ds from 1973 right through to 1978, and 140,000 S810Ds from 1973 to 1976.

If you can, try and get hold of an 824 Sonomatic. Only 41,000 were manufactured between 1977 and 1978, so they're not quite as easy to find. It is dual gauge Super 8/Standard 8, 100W lamp, superb sound with increased dynamic range, and came with a sharp Suprogon 1.2 12.5 - 25 zoom as standard. I have the 820 Sonomatic (Super 8 only) and it's a fantastic projector.

As Zechariah says, also keep an eye out for 'Lux' and 'HQS' on the S810Ds too.

John Armer
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2018 04:30 AM      Profile for John Armer   Email John Armer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What is a "wither"
I think he meant to type ‘either’.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 30, 2018 04:45 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, John 😀

--------------------
Dominique

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted March 30, 2018 09:23 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I bought a new Eumig many years ago I went for the 807D as it was much cheaper than the 810D. It served me well.
However, if now given the chance the 810D would be a better bet.
But the best one to go for today is the 824 SonoMatic which is a dual gauge and has many new features as apposed to the earlier models.
http://www.filmkorn.org/super8data/database/projectors_list/projectors_eumi g/eumig_824sonomatic.htm

--------------------
Maurice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC