8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Third party or custom Anamorphic lens holder for Eumig Mark S810?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Third party or custom Anamorphic lens holder for Eumig Mark S810?
Can Sanalan
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 21, 2018 04:18 PM      Profile for Can Sanalan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm wondering is there any third party or custom built holders for anamorphic lenses for the Eumig Mark S810?
I have a film that is scope and an anamorphic lens however I don't have any means of attaching the lens to my projector.

Has anyone made a holder for such a lens or is there one available?

Cheers

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 21, 2018 08:30 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is your anamorphic lens?, because it is important to know the rear diameter of the lens to suit the bracket.

--------------------
Winbert

Douglas Meltzer

- posted August 21, 2018 09:55 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can,

I'm not sure if there is a holder made specifically for the Eumig, however I know there are free standing scope lens holders that would work well.

-

I picked this one up a while ago. Perhaps one of our members knows who might have a similar one for sale.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Burton Sundquist
Master Film Handler

- posted August 21, 2018 11:26 PM      Profile for Burton Sundquist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...I got mine from Steve Osborne @ The Reel Image. His is a Universal free standing bracket and offers a choice of two size collars, 43 or 52mm. see it here:

https://thereelimage.jimdo.com/our-web-showroom/

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 22, 2018 04:10 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Providing your lens will fit it, the free-standing 'scope lens holder is ideal as it can be used with any projector.

--------------------
Maurice

Can Sanalan
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 22, 2018 04:24 AM      Profile for Can Sanalan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug that looks perfect. Simple. Would be great if I can find something along like that.
Height adjustable and tilt adjustable to for when the projector is raised upwards.

Burton, just had a look and noticed in the photo the stand has a base
that says "Magnetic Base" with a dial saying "On" and "Off".
What's the purpose of that magnet? To stick firmly onto a metal surface?
Would a magnet that strong be risky to have near the magnetic sound strip on the film?

My anamorphic lens, if I remember correctly (I'm away at the moment so I can't check it), is a Kowa Prominar Anamorphic 16-D. Works great for my 16mm scope films and I held it up against the lens on my Eumig and it seems to work great too but I just need a holder for it.

Douglas that stand looks ideal. Something like that would be perfect.

Burton thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

Thank you all.

[ August 22, 2018, 08:49 AM: Message edited by: Can Sanalan ]

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted August 23, 2018 10:26 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I project 'scope with a Eumig 800 series and a Sankor 16-F. I built this really awful looking platform out of scrap wood which holds the lens at the right height and I use the elevation adjustment of the projector to fine tune the lens/projector alignment.

The lens bracket was something I got with a completely useless anamorphic lens I bought off E-bay. (Sometimes you luck out. My favorite camera case came when I accidentally bought a dead camera, for example.)

How I adjust the height of the image on screen is to tilt the platform (with aligned projector and lens) until everything is the right height.

I've been hoping to toss this thing in the fireplace for a couple of years now: build a really nice one with a commercially made height adjustment foot, one that doesn't look like a dog chewed it!

(Make my shop teachers proud!)

-unfortunately it works pretty well and is always a low priority!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 23, 2018 12:07 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Can. I believe that FFR in Germany have those Universal scope holders but I'm not sure and since their site is closes for holidays, it is not possible to check at the moment. Shouldn't be cheap, though.

--------------------
Dominique

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 23, 2018 12:43 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bought mine from Van Eck. I'm very pleased with it and use it mainly for my 16mm films. I already have an attachment for super 8mm to my GS.

https://shop.van-eck.net/film-projector-parts/anamorphic-lens-holders/p-1a/PP-0146.html

Here is a pic of the back end:
 -

Here is a projected screen cap:
 -

Can anyone guess what film this is from? Just for fun.

Ken Finch
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 23, 2018 03:46 PM      Profile for Ken Finch   Email Ken Finch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is not very difficult to make your own. Most of the bits and pieces required can be found at a D.I.Y.store. You just have to improvise a little. Plastic drainpipe fittings are a good source for the lens holder !!!. ken Finch. [Razz]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC