8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Goldfinger Trailer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Goldfinger Trailer
Robin Moss
Junior

- posted October 29, 2006 01:51 PM      Profile for Robin Moss   Email Robin Moss   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. I'm looking for the Super 8 trailer to Goldfinger should there be anyone interested in selling a copy. I do have it interspliced on a couple of reels, to cover the Connery, Lazenby era and another for Roger Moore, with adverts and daysets of the period. However the print was supposed to be A1, but in fact is jet pink! The rest of the trailers are in great condition, so a nice copy would complete my Bond trailer collection. I know that Thunderbird Films released some, as did Red Fox and I'm told that Jeff Films released a special trailer for Goldfinger, although I've never seen it on offer. Paul Foster did have a reel of Bond trailers, but it was sold in a 'blink of an eye' so I missed it again. Any help would really be appreciated.

|  IP: Logged

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 30, 2006 02:32 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Robin,

Welcome to the Forum (I wondered when you would join) it's nice to see you on here, as you know I'm still looking for you myself for this elusive 007 trailer.

Barry.

Robin Moss
Junior

- posted October 30, 2006 04:29 AM      Profile for Robin Moss   Email Robin Moss   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Barry. Yes, I finally got round to it, although I've often browsed through the various Forum sections.

I really got my hopes up when I saw Goldfinger on Paul Foster's list, but this was a little tempered with the expected usual outcome and low and behold, yes the film was sold. No doubt one day! I'm looking forward to liasing on hopefully many topics, just in case fellow members may be starting to consider I have a 'Goldfinger complex'.

I went to the Farnworth Film Fair on Saturday and picked up the required parts to complete my Super 8 feature of 'Vampire Bat'. Believe it or not I went a couple of years ago and purchased a 400 foot reel of this film under the advise from the seller that this was a digest, when in fact it was part one of the feature. The same seller on Saturday I noticed had parts 2 and 3 for £5.00, so the deal was soon done as you can imagine. Now I have a feature you can really get your 'teeth into'.

Regards to all. Robin (better known as Will Hay on Ebay)

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 30, 2006 05:58 AM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Robin,
Can't help with the trailer, but its good to have you on the forum.
regards
Mal

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Robin Moss
Junior

- posted October 30, 2006 11:54 AM      Profile for Robin Moss   Email Robin Moss   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mal. Hope you're well! Nice to hear from you. No doubt we'll be liasing on this fascinating hobby. Kind Regards

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 30, 2006 02:04 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Robin

Welcome to the forum! [Smile]

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Robin Moss
Junior

- posted October 30, 2006 02:52 PM      Profile for Robin Moss   Email Robin Moss   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cheers Mike. No doubt we'll be speaking soon! Robin

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted October 30, 2006 05:29 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Robin, nice to see you here, Just opened from new Demon Dr, what a thrill ( this hobby !!!!!!!!!!! )
Best Mark.

Robin Moss
Junior

- posted October 30, 2006 10:39 PM      Profile for Robin Moss   Email Robin Moss   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark. Nice to hear from you. Have you identified the feature this digest was lifted from? Regards

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted October 31, 2006 03:14 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi no until I get a super 8 machine its still just up to light type fixes or watching them on the TV, sat on the Top of it that is, but I still had a great thrill with it up to the kitchen light, Looks like a nice enough print for mountain,
Be interesting to finally know what its from.
Also desperate to run the land time forgot. I remember it coming out on the cinema when I was no but a wee nipper.
Best Mark.

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2006 04:05 AM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Robin,
"The Vampire Bat" is an excellent little horror film which benefits from a stella cast. Lionel Atwill and Fay Wray fresh from "Mystery of the Wax Museum", Melvyn Douglas and the inimitable Dwight Fry who always makes a vintage horror film look just right. It is beautifully edited down with only a very few minutes of inconsequential dialogue removed. It must be wonderful to have finally got the missing reels. "The Demon Doctor" was the UK release title for " The Awful Dr. Orloff" a classic European horror film from the early 60's directed by Jess Franco. It is now considered to be a cult film. I have been searching for years to get the 4x400ft version but it is quite hard to find. I know that Mark will enjoy it.
Best wishes,
Paul.

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted October 31, 2006 10:05 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Robin,

welcome to the forum. I think you and I are going to make fine allies... for I have been looking for a full-length super-8 print of Goldfinger for quite a while now (others can readily attest to this). [Big Grin]

I've actually seen it for sale twice and both times was stupid enough to let it go, as I couldn't easily afford it either time. [Mad] Such is life, huh?

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Robin Moss
Junior

- posted November 01, 2006 03:59 AM      Profile for Robin Moss   Email Robin Moss   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Paul, Jan. I guess this is what makes this hobby so compulsive, searching out those elusive titles. I was looking for Mr Hulot's Holiday on Super 8 formant by that French comic legend, the brilliant Jacques Tati for what must have been ten years. I used my network of friends to see if a copy could be found and one day rec'd a phone call to say that the feature had been traced and was given the phone number of the owner. Naturally with trmbling hands I made the call just in time as the person I spoke to was going to take it to the Ealing Film Fair where he had a table to sell some surplus films. I got it for £100, gave it the Thermofilm treatment and have watched it a couple of times now and always see something that I had previously missed. I presume it's a dupe from a 16mm copy and although the picture quality isn't fantastic, it's a film I will always treasure along with that other French masterpiece 'The Red Balloon'. So, you never know what's round the corner!

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted November 01, 2006 04:12 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Robin, Great to have you aboard. I'm sure you will have plenty of input for us here with your years of cine knowledge.

How was Farnworth?

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Robin Moss
Junior

- posted November 01, 2006 05:25 PM      Profile for Robin Moss   Email Robin Moss   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kev. Farnworth is probably the smallest film fair held bi-annually, around Feb and Oct, but attracts good attendances with the charismatic Dennis Parkinson in charge for the day. The event is held in the Church Hall, with parking both free and nearby, with the admission price £3.00. There are about fifteen stalls in total, with a mix of Super 8, 16mm film and equipment, also now with some DVD and film memorabilia. I can usually get round the stalls in ten mins and then circuit again a couple of times, as I always miss something first time round. Usually also see some familiar faces and have a chat over a cup of tea and pie and gravy, as there are refreshments available in the meeting area staffed by volunteers at very affordable prices. Besides the 'Vampire Bat' missing reels for my feature, I obtained a short from Classic Home Cinema with adverts and daysets set in the mid 1960's with a long trailer to 'Batman and Robin' starring Adam West for £5.00, togeteher with 'Cobweb Hotel and The Skeleton Dance sound cartoons for £8.00 each which went down well at Halloween. So not a bad set of purchases and all in really good condition. A mate of mine who went with me picked up a Standard 8 400 foot reel of Fireball XL5 in it's original box, so he was more than pleased too. Farnworth is a small fair, but well worth a visit. I'm hoping to get to Blackpool later this month, but work commitments may dictate otherwise. Regards to all.

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted November 02, 2006 09:36 AM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Robin,
"Mr Hulot's Holiday" is Super 8 Gold indeed. I recently saw a 16mm print on ebay but the bidding went through the roof so I had to settle for DVD. Perhaps I will visit Saint-Nazaire one day and see where it was filmed.
Best wishes,
Paul.

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2006 03:01 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Robin,

Another welcome...

Great to have you on board. When I first got into this lark you were one of my initial ebay sellers, I think it was spare belts or something similar and your friendly helpful and fair approach was an inspiration.

I am not a film buff so the titles in this thread are unfamiliar to me though it sounds as if I need to find the DVD and watch it. I think that might inspire me to start a new thread on this topic for purely selfish motives [Big Grin]

--------------------
Tony

Robin Moss
Junior

- posted November 05, 2006 05:34 AM      Profile for Robin Moss   Email Robin Moss   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tony. Thank you for the kind comments. Mr Hulot's Holiday is well worth a look at, as the technique in building the comedy and the interaction of the characters is unique. I have seen all of Jacques Tati's films and this by some considerable margin is my favourite. I'm not into French cinema in a big way and you con obtain only a few titles in Super 8, but what I do have I have to say are probably my most prized items. Besides 'The Red Balloon', other titles to look out for is 'A Pain in the A' which is an optical (English dubbed)sound feature and features a hired assassin trying to make good his contract and a suicidal guy who keeps getting in his way and messing things up. I'm also fortunate to have a 200 foot black and white sound film from Film Office called 'Revolte Des Joujoux', which featues toys coming alive in a toy shop and giving a German soldier a rough ride in the process. Enough for now I think! Regards to all Robin

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC