8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Super 8mm FEATURES (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Super 8mm FEATURES
Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 03, 2007 07:17 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another update on my list of some Super 8mm Sound Features I still have duplicate prints of and would prefer to sell to good homes. [Smile]

I'M IN NO RUSH TO SELL SO IF YOU HAVE SEEN A TITLE LISTED YOU WANT AND WILL PURCHASE IN THE NEAR FUTURE LET ME KNOW.

Most have original boxes and are in good to new condition. [Big Grin]

ASK A POLICEMAN 4x400 - RARE DCR Print
OH! MR PORTER 5x400 - RARE DCR Print
Disney's BEAUTY AND THE BEAST 4x600
Disney’s CINDERELLA 3x600
Disney’s THE LITTLE MERMAID 3x600 - RARE Derann print
SOLD DRACULA PRINCE OF DARKNESS (CinemaScope) 5x400
SOLD SPEED (CinemaScope) 4x600
THERE'S NO BUSINESS LIKE SHOW BUSINESS (CinemaScope) 5x600
2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY (CinemaScope) 8x400 - RARE Anamorphic Print
RESERVED THOSE MAGNIFICENT MEN IN THEIR FLYING MACHINES (CinemaScope) 5x600
SOLD WEST SIDE STORY (CinemaScope) 8x400 - RARE in Original Kempski Box
SOLD FLASH GORDON (CinemaScope) 4x600 - RARE Derann print
SOLD BEN HUR (CinemaScope) 8x600
SOLD EL CID (CinemaScope) 8x600
SOUND OF MUSIC (CinemaScope) 6x600 It's the complete no longer available version!
SOLD THE FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE (CinemaScope) 8x600 NEW PRINT!

Grab what you can before I list them on ebay! [Eek!]

Thanks for all of your interest in my list.

Rick

PLEASE NOTE IF YOU HAVE RESERVED A PRINT AND IT ISN'T NOTED AS SUCH ABOVE THIS IS BECAUSE I HAVE MORE THAN ONE COPY FOR SALE

[ November 22, 2008, 07:37 AM: Message edited by: Ricky Daniels ]

|  IP: Logged

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 06, 2007 04:48 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Rick, You have a PM, Regards Keith

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 06, 2007 09:58 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ricky - You have another e-mail. Regards Keith

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 07, 2007 03:04 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ricky, Yet another PM Regards Keith

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2007 03:13 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ricky, Another one for you. Keith

--------------------

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 09, 2007 12:09 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Keith.
That footnote on your messages just about says it all re above.
"We'll find 'em in the end"

Yes indeed.

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 09, 2007 02:00 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ricky - U Got Mail - Regards Keith

--------------------

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 19, 2007 04:40 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Wink]

[ April 17, 2007, 04:58 AM: Message edited by: Ricky Daniels ]

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 17, 2007 04:58 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My list has been updated again... Enjoy looking (and buying!) [Smile]

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 17, 2007 07:58 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sent you a pm. thanks.

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 17, 2007 10:22 AM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI!
I sent a PM.

Thanks, Flavio

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 23, 2007 12:25 PM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Flavio,

Sorry about the mix-up regarding shipping costs, you are correct £35 is a lot to ship a Super 8mm feature (insured) to Italy!

This mistake happened because I ‘cut and pasted’ details from an International Invoice of Sale onto your Invoice and didn't notice that I hadn't updated the shipping cost to suit the UK to Italy postage charge for you. Again sorry but we're all human.

However, I do find your decision to pull out of this sale a bit reactionary considering the amount of time I have spent checking this print of Disney's BEAUTY AND THE BEAST for you [Frown]

Also FYI the brown paste stripe is no better than the grey variety as you may well discover one day. I once had a brown paste striped print that was very 'soft' and shed badly. Super 8mm print quality control has always always left a lot to be desired because the time spent checking prints thoroughly is never recouped!

Rick

[ April 24, 2007, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: Ricky Daniels ]

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2007 05:43 AM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ricky,

thanks for your public reply...

My reaction was only tied to the fact that you could have had your reasons to ask 35 pounds and so decided not to confirm my interest in the buying because I considered this expensive.

If I must feel myself obliged to complete the transaction only because I asked for the color the stripe causing you have spent time to do this... sorry but we are not absolutely aligned with the concept of vendor!

Last, but not least:

I'm very sorry to read once more that someone reports I told the brown stripe is better than grey one. I never said this!!! I ONLY said my ELMO GS1200 performs recording very well with brown stripe and very bad with grey stripe! Thats' all! Don't ask me why because I don't know.

Regards,
Flavio

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2007 10:16 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Flavio,

Vendor or Buyer an apology for time wasting would have been well received!

Maybe next time,
Rick

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2007 08:11 AM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ricky,

I'm very sorry for your waste of time in providing info about what you want to sell...

Regards
Flavio

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2007 02:53 PM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Apology accepted.

However you're missing the point you wanted the print when your questions were answered to your satisfaction. But then promptly withdrew from the deal without any explanation leaving me feeling rather confused and considring you to be a timewaster.

Lets close this matter and consider it a breakdown in communication which is one problem with the impersonal nature of the internet.

It's a shame because B&B is a very nice early Derann print.

[ April 27, 2007, 02:41 AM: Message edited by: Ricky Daniels ]

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2007 05:11 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
London 1 Roma 1 [Wink]

Joking apart boys, I would agree that B&B is a nice print and a great watch-timeless...

Just need to check me stripe colour to see if I enjoyed it more than I knew!

--------------------
Tony

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2007 05:45 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My wife and I are staying at a B&B in Ealing in May. Should we ask if the sheets are "striped" and if so what colour? [Confused]

--------------------

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 27, 2007 02:41 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ha, De, Ha, Ha! [Wink]

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 27, 2007 04:34 AM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Keith,

I'm planning too for short B&B, early June! So I'd like very grateful if you can suggest the same place, after having verified the sheets are striped! But please... only if they are brown coloured! [Big Grin]

Hi Ricky,

why is it a shame? I know B&B is a very nice Derann print: I have already re-recorded it for a friend and this is why I absolutely want it... but not for 165 pounds ( shipping included )!

Furthermore, your copy now has been sold, so I think there is no more to discuss...

Regards
Flavio

[ April 27, 2007, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: Flavio Stabile ]

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 27, 2007 05:47 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Flavio,

Correction £130! [Roll Eyes]

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted April 27, 2007 10:59 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it helps anyone, if I stay in London I always use this company and have yet to have a problem.
www.octopustravel.com
I use for business and pleasure so you can cut your cloth depending how much you wish to spend. Got a hotel in London a few months ago for £35.00 including breakfast, clean though small.
Hope this helps anyone wanting to stay over at Ealing in May.

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 27, 2007 11:40 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Flavio

You want BROWN striped sheets [Eek!]

Just remember you are dealing with some fairly low grade London hotels here.....

Don't ask how or where they got the stripes [Big Grin]

--------------------
Tony

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted April 27, 2007 11:47 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tony
Yes, the Hilton will cost a bit more.

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2007 01:26 PM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wanted to chirp in here and say that Ricky is a great seller who treats people in a nice manner....ships in a timely manner. I just received a film he shipped from London to me in Virginia , USA.....and it arrived in less than three days. Amazing....especially considering that it took two weeks for a film I got from someone in Arizona to arrive here. Ah...U.S. postal service media mail!! Thanks Ricky. To anyone who is interested in his films for sale, you can order from him with complete confidence.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC