8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Upcoming S8Snd Films for Sale #20A (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Upcoming S8Snd Films for Sale #20A
David Ullom
Film Handler

- posted February 18, 2011 09:51 AM      Profile for David Ullom   Email David Ullom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The following features will soon be available for sale. I have neither checked nor priced them yet, but if you see something in which you're interested, please send me an e-mail message.

I'll get your requests checked out, but please be patient as features will take a little longer for me to inspect.

"All in a Night's Work"

"Blue Hawaii" - SOLD

"Charly"

"Dementia 13" - RESERVED

"Dracula--Prince of Darkness" - RESERVED

"Escape from Alcatraz" - RESERVED

"Fun in Acapulco" - RESERVED

"Ghosts on the Loose"

"Girls! Girls! Girls!" - RESERVED

"Grease" - RESERVED

"Gulliver's Travels"

"Jack and the Beanstalk"

"Jungle Book" (Sabu) - RESERVED

"King Creole" - RESERVED

"Lust for a Vampire" - RESERVED

"The Magic Sword" - RESERVED

"The Monster Walks"

"Murder on the Orient Express" - RESERVED

"Night of the Living Dead" - RESERVED

"Paradise--Hawaiian Style" - RESERVED

"Prison Train" - RESERVED

"The Quiet Man"

"Rawhide"

"Sands of Iwo Jima" - RESERVED

"Sons of the Desert"

"South of the Border"

"The Spiral Staircase" - RESERVED

"Stagecoach" - RESERVED

"Take the Money and Run" - RESERVED

"They Shoot Horses, Don't They?" - RESERVED

"The Thing (from Another World)" - RESERVED

"Tora! Tora! Tora!" - RESERVED

"Whatever Happened to Aunt Alice?"

"The Woman in Green" - RESERVED

"X--the Unknown" - RESERVED

Thanks for reading,
Dave

[ February 24, 2011, 11:42 PM: Message edited by: David Ullom ]

|  IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted February 18, 2011 09:59 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI Dave

I will take Blue Hawaii please.

Thanks

PatD

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted February 18, 2011 10:08 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave,

I just sent an email requesting several features. Thanks.

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 18, 2011 05:13 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi Dave, I would like to buy THE MAGIC SWORD....e-mail sent [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Bob Pucci
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 18, 2011 05:20 PM      Profile for Bob Pucci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David

I sent an email also

Bob

Thomas Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted February 18, 2011 06:05 PM      Profile for Thomas Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello david
i have sent you an email thanks---tom

--------------------
t.smith

Eroll Can
Junior

- posted February 19, 2011 04:56 AM      Profile for Eroll Can   Email Eroll Can   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David,

I sent an e-mail too.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted February 19, 2011 09:32 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As someone who must sort out some films for sale soon, I love the way that it's possible to sell films here even before prices are stated!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 19, 2011 09:44 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It makes sense to me. With all the films that David has to sell, he thankfully wants to check the condition of each one and set the price accordingly. If no one is interested in a particular title why waste time screening that one?

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted February 19, 2011 03:16 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Add to the fact that all his films we have purchased from him are better than described. We all anxiously await his next posting. Thanks to Dave for helping a lot of us expand our collections and save some money in the process. I'm sure if he decides to get back into the hobby we will be here to help him. That's what true collecting is all about.

Pat DAlessio

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted February 19, 2011 04:02 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't make the point too well but what I meant to convey is that the sales are very much a tribute to David's reputation, because not every seller will cause potential buyers to 'know' that both the price and condition will meet with their approval.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 19, 2011 05:21 PM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree Pat. Here's to Dave! The kindest seller I'm proud to call my friend.

--------------------
http://lostandoutofprintfilms.blogspot.com/

Thomas Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted February 19, 2011 05:50 PM      Profile for Thomas Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HELLO THANKS FOR REPLY TO MY EMAIL BUT WHY DID YOU NOT SAY IN
YOUR POST THAT YOU DONT SHIP TO THE UNITED KINGDOM [Mad]

--------------------
t.smith

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted February 19, 2011 06:03 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
HELLO THANKS FOR REPLY TO MY EMAIL BUT WHY DID YOU NOT SAY IN YOUR POST THAT YOU DONT SHIP TO THE UNITED KINGDOM [Mad]
Yikes! Dave, Thomas has good point. This is an international forum. Shipping super 8 internationally is pretty easy. [Smile]

David Ullom
Film Handler

- posted February 19, 2011 07:36 PM      Profile for David Ullom   Email David Ullom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Folks, it's not that I won't ship internationally. Because my ultra-sophisticated WebTV system does not deal well with Paypal or other such payment systems I'm only able to accept money orders or personal checks drawn on an American bank. This afternoon, someone suggested to me that money could be wired via Western Union. Since I've had no experience with that, I'll look into it. I do apoogize if I've offended. That wasn't my intent.

Dave

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2011 08:19 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello has anybody heard from dave? i know he had some problems hope all is well?

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2011 08:29 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I sent him an email back in March asking if everything was ok but I did not hear back. I hope everything is alright too, Dave was becoming a good friend and I'm worried.

Bill

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2011 11:42 PM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I sent David a money order for $235 two months ago after he gave me the green light to do so, he even said the films I had reserved where getting packed. At this point - he has ignored my messages and has kept both my money and the films. My family and I are very upset as he has given us every excuse in the book and has dropped all contact.

[ May 07, 2011, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: Gerald Santana ]

--------------------

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 02, 2011 12:10 AM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to read about that Gerald. You mention that "he has given you every excuse in the book" so I take it you have heard from him? I was assuming there were some serious health issues since I had not heard from him and have not seen any posts. His last one was concerning some sickness in the family.

I had a couple of transactions with him and everything went very smooth. I hope your situation gets resolved or we hear something from Dave as to what is going on. [Confused]

Bill

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2011 01:04 PM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bill - It's been days since our last post and to no surprise, there are no messages from Dave.

Did everyone get what they ordered from him or was my case an individual one?

I am very confused (and broke!) by this transaction. I sold many of my own film, books, and saved to pay for a list I had reserved as he posted almost daily. The lists kept growing and the moment he finished listing, I sent him the money order, I thought he would send me the films so I event rushed payment to him. That was Feb 28 so, since these are the only messages I've received from him:

----- Original Message ----
From;
To:;
Sent: Mon, March 7, 2011 10:22:46 AM
Subject: Re: Think Thanks

Hey, Gerald --

Sorry about the delay in getting your films to you. They'll be on their
way tomorrow.

We just got back from the doctor. Not good.

I'll write more to you later.

Your friend,
Dave

Subject: VIEWS FROM CEREDO - THE MUY ABBREVIATED EDITION
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 16:26:12 -0400

Dave

PS - To my 8mm Forum friends - I haven't forgotten you. I hope to get
back to checking my films before too long. Thanks for your kindness and
patience.

"The people are real . . . the cases are real . . . the rulings are
final." -- Judge Judy

----- Original Message ----
To:
Cc: chipstheone@webtv.net
Sent: Mon, April 11, 2011 4:42:39 AM
Subject: Re: Travels

Hello, Gerald--

All I can say is "I'm sorry." I've been so stressed out with everything
going on with Mom that I've just dropped the ball with everything else.
With the exception of sending out a message to all my friends to let
them know about me and Mom, I'm just now reading e-mail (I had over 400
messages). I got away for a few minutes to pick my mail up, and I had
so much it was in one of those USPS bins.

Mom had a better day yesterday, so I hope we're finally on an upswing.
Everything's taking its toll on me. I'm having some problems
re-surface, but it's hard being the only caregiver.

I've found a woman to come in and take care of Mom's hair this Wednesday
so while she's here I'll get your films out to you. I don't have the
right size packing materials here at the house, so I'll run to the UPS
Store and let them do it for me.

Once again, Gerald, I'm as sorry as I can be and hope you can find it in
your heart to forgive me.

Your friend,
Dave

What does someone do in this situation? [Frown]

[ September 11, 2013, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: Gerald Santana ]

--------------------

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2011 01:43 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! I'm sorry to read about this. I had ordered 2 shipments and even received free films from him. I had no problems. I would continue to email to him. Maybe his mother passed away and had totally forgotten about everything else. Hope it gets resolved. Had actually considered ordering more, however, after reading this I would not.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted May 05, 2011 02:48 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This becomes a serious matter in our small community. I do remember David and his sister Jeanne posted several posts regarding hundreds of their films.

Many members here have contacted him (plus non-members which also read their posts in this forum).

Please members who have not received films from him to speak up here.

@ Gerard, please make separate thread so it will attract attention of others.

(Or can moderator move these last 5 posts to a new thread with obvious subject?)

--------------------
Winbert

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted May 05, 2011 05:59 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I received an email response from his sister Jeanne last week. His mom is very bad and Dave himself is not doing well. In addition his pet just died. Jeanne said he fully intends to get back into the forum as soon as he gets his life in order.

PatD

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2011 11:07 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is understandable, but he needs to send the guy's money back... at least!

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 06, 2011 02:48 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gentlemen, gentlemen, calm down!

I'm sure that Dave here is in full control of what he's doing, but you need to cut the man some slack, as he clearly is a bit overloaded at the moment.

Yes, he has your 235$ and your films, but I am 100% sure that he is aware of it and will fix it as soon as he can. I have dealt with Dave before and he seems like a really nice chap, and I'm very sure that whatever is going on with his mother and himself is way above our jurisdiction and it's not our job to tell him what do prioritize in such a situation.

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC