8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Super 8 Features (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Super 8 Features
Robert Tucker
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2016 07:59 PM      Profile for Robert Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As i try to refrain from advertising on this website because of some forum members that are a law unto themselves. (you know who you are)

I thought i would give the decent forum members out there a chance to obtain the following very rare full length prints before they end up on eBay from my collection.

You may ask yourself why am i selling these choice titles. It's because i really don't have the time to show these anymore. As i have other film related work commitments that take priority these days along with 35mm work schedule.

The prints on offer are the following all in mint condition.

Close Encounters of the Third Kind (Scope) (Derann Print) LPP

Jason & The Argonauts (Flat) (Derann Print) LPP

Star Wars Stereo (Scope) (first batch run) LPP stock. Derann Print) with first design cover.

I'm not in a rush to sell these, so if i don't get my reserved price they will simply just go back in to my archive until further notice.

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2016 01:50 AM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Robert

I tried to PM you but your in box is full - a fellow forum member Paul Browning is looking for Jason & The Argonauts - I will send him a message to let him know you are selling yours.

Kevin

Thomas Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2016 02:38 AM      Profile for Thomas Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Robert sent you a PM

--------------------
t.smith

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2016 06:08 AM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Robert, PM sent about Jason, thanks, Del.

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2016 07:00 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Prices?

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 05, 2016 11:41 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This reminded me ...I remember trying to buy a Derann STAR WARS print from a fellow in the U.K. some years ago, around 2004, paid him 400.00 dollar for the print, but never got it.

The funny thing was, I bought some other shorts from him on ebay, "Popeye Meets Sinbad the sailor" and another cartoon at the same time, and he then offered (off ebay) the STAR WARS as a private sale.

Well, the ebay films arrived just fine ... the STAR WARS print never arrived ...

Strange, as, when I got the cartoons, I would have thought that he would mail off STAR WARS at the same time, (I bought the STAR WARS within a day of the ebay sales, and paid for STAR WARS the very next day)

The funny thing was that I contacted him about it, and he sent a shipping number that was supposed to be for the package, and the Royal post said that the number never existed.

After waiting a couple of months (just to be on the safe side, just in case) I asked if he's be at least willing to give half of the money, (for STAR WARS), and strangely, never heard from him again. Since it wasn't sold on ebay, i really had no recourse, as I'm in the U.S. and that fellow was and is, in the U.K.

Never have forgotten about the fellow, but boy, I remember him, and igf I ever go to the UK to vacation, I'll look for that certain fellow!

Just the blend of STAR WARS an the U.K. always bring back that memory.

BTW ... only bad experience with a private sale with a U.K. collector, all the rest have been great, but that one was painful ... well, financially, to be sure.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Stuart Bennett
Junior

- posted August 05, 2016 11:59 AM      Profile for Stuart Bennett         Edit/Delete Post 
How much for jason and the argonaughts

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2016 12:18 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is the close encounters, the special edition version, or the theatre version.

Stuart Bennett
Junior

- posted August 05, 2016 12:55 PM      Profile for Stuart Bennett         Edit/Delete Post 
How much for jason and the argonaughts

Robert Tucker
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2016 03:58 AM      Profile for Robert Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul this would be the special edition of Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

Please note i am now going through all my emails and will get back to you shortly with an answer.

Thanks to all for your interest.

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2016 10:00 AM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, Sorry for your trouble but I don't see the purpose of your posting in this thread. If you used proper method of payment with your buyer like PayPal and recorded insured delivery method you wouldn't have had a problem. If you sent cash or western union and sat back and didnt communicate with whoever you bought from for months I'm sorry you have nobody to blame but yourself.

Getting back to this thread I have had two of the three titles advertised and seen the third not to my taste but very rare They are Holy Grail of Super 8 titles on a lot of most wanted lists for collectors and very much in demand and will command premium prices Print wise all three are Excellent and come from the Golden Era of Derann.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 06, 2016 11:59 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike ...

Actually, i had paid with paypal, but I honestly didn't know, way back then, that you could put a dispute on a payment, but I'm kind of wondering if i can go back to that payment, i know when it was (it was one of the very first payments I ever did with paypal), but i doubt, after this much time, that I could do anything about it, a lot of water under the bridge since then ...

... but the person who ripped me off, still frequents this forum, and both he and I know the truth ... I'm just reminding him that I don't forget, kind of like the title of that film ...

"I Know What You Did ... In 2004"

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2016 12:47 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi
I wish you would name this person so that others are aware and can avoid him. Despicable and inexcusable behaviour and I don't know how he has the nerve to still post here. There is no place for lowlife that would resort to this behaviour here. Disgraceful.

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2016 03:33 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Osi

I understand your anger I once bought a pre order piece of film memorabilia on eBay and seller took a powder. 45 days is limit for PayPal claim 12 years would be pushing it.

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted August 07, 2016 02:30 AM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, I agree with others that you should disclose the name of this person in public even if this is years in the past.

Back on topic, I purchased Robert's copy of Return of the Jedi two months ago and received my print from him. Here are a few pics from the print.

-

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 07, 2016 03:49 AM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi / Jason

I understand the urge to reveal.... but just remember the brown paste coming into contact with the rotating blades !

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 07, 2016 04:16 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes - but it would at least stick to the deserving [Razz]

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 07, 2016 06:02 AM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent come-back,Terry! I salute you!

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted August 07, 2016 10:22 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is Robert's sales thread. Please stay on topic.

Thank you.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Robert Tucker
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 07, 2016 10:52 AM      Profile for Robert Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Doug,

Osi, Melvin, Terry i was not aware that this has any significance in relation to my post? I think it's quite rude to hijack someone else's sales thread.

Jason, glad you like the print of Return of the Jedi you bought from me. I now have this on 35mm thanks to you.

Once again thanks to all who have shown interest regardless.

Stuart Bennett
Junior

- posted August 07, 2016 11:40 AM      Profile for Stuart Bennett         Edit/Delete Post 
Robert how much for jason and the argonaughts

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 07, 2016 01:01 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My apology,Rob, we did start to wander slightly.

Much as CE3K is one of my top 10 films of all time, I was, yet again, just 6 numbers short on the lottery this week to sending you a "name your price" email.

As and when, or IF you put it on Ebay UK It will undoubtedly cause a massive stir. I will watch it with eager "I wish" eyes!

Good luck!

--------------------

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 07, 2016 01:17 PM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The question of Robert not listing prices is a concern for me though - I remember Ian O'Reilly was ripped to bits on here a couple of years ago for using a similar 'make me a private offer' stance to a list of nice features for sale.

Doug - would you please consider making the 'members prefer prices to be listed' a rule rather than a casual preference to prevent the likely offline auction that such sales threads encourage?

Kevin

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted August 07, 2016 01:34 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I own a copy of "Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind" Special Edition and I am sure all copies are most likely the same. Beautiful print and the colors are still true. If only all Scope prints were as nice as this one. Classic film too.

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 07, 2016 02:54 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely agree with you Kevin. Prices should accompany a sales list and I suspect there is good reason that they are not. You only have to visit Roberts eBay listings to see why. Perhaps it is he that is a 'law unto himself'

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC