8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » "Superman II" Scope SOLD

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "Superman II" Scope SOLD
Ian O'Reilly
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 22, 2018 04:28 AM      Profile for Ian O'Reilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have for sale a Scope print of the 1990 classic "superman II" starring Christopher Reeve, Gene Hackman, Margot Kidder, Ned Beatty...Picking up where "Superman: The Movie" left off, three criminals, General Zod (Terence Stamp), Ursa, (Sarah Douglas), and Non (Jack O'Halloran) from the planet Krypton are released from the Phantom Zone by a nuclear explosion in space. They descend upon Earth where they could finally rule. Superman, meanwhile, is in love with Lois Lane (Margot Kidder), who finds out who he really is. Lex Luthor (Gene Hackman) escapes from prison and is determined to destroy Superman by joining forces with the three criminals. 2x600ft SCOPE Colour Sound £129 plus P&P

|  IP: Logged

Greg Perry
Film Handler

- posted May 22, 2018 04:40 AM      Profile for Greg Perry   Email Greg Perry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PM sent, thank you.

Ian O'Reilly
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 22, 2018 08:19 AM      Profile for Ian O'Reilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NOW SOLD [Smile]

Can Sanalan
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 22, 2018 11:07 AM      Profile for Can Sanalan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 22, 2018 12:18 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can, if you missed it try this one,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUPERMAN-2-ADDITIONAL-FOOTAGE-AND-BONUS-REEL-SUPER-8MM-COLOUR-SOUND-SCOPE/222985687692?hash=item33eafb928c:g:mzwAAOSwj-BbAZEE

Good luck Sir.

Ali Hipperson
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 31, 2018 05:46 AM      Profile for Ali Hipperson   Email Ali Hipperson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For me, this is just one of the many great benefits of this forum.

Having missed out on this film a few times since my return to this wonderful hobby/pastime - I was lucky enough to win the auction the other night on eBay.

Can - If ever I plan to sell any of my films, then I would ALWAYS be offering them here first to genuine collectors and in the first place I would be sending a 'pm' to anyone that I can ID from previous threads on here who had expressed an interest in a specific title and only at the same price that I paid for it - subject to its condition obviously.

My thinking on this being that we all have films that we would like to own and I'd rather a film that I was prepared to part with actually went to someone who really wants it but has so far not been able to buy it - rather than it be left to the vagaries of eBay!

If this makes sense?

Ali.

--------------------
We're going to need a bigger shelf!

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 31, 2018 06:46 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ali, glad you got the film, hope my link helped on this. [Wink]

Ali Hipperson
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 31, 2018 08:23 AM      Profile for Ali Hipperson   Email Ali Hipperson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It absolutely did Tom and many thanks!

However, just as I feel bad/sad when I miss-out on a film I really want on either eBay or on this forum - I now feel rather bad for Can (who I don't even know - like virtually everyone else on this excellent forum) who your 'tip-off' was originally intended for! [Frown]

Ali.

--------------------

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 31, 2018 04:18 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ali, i think we have all missed out on our favourites over the years
I myself tried for years to get the feature of Die Hard, a few years years ago i let one that was offered to me slip through my fingers by a stupid decision of my own doing.
As pure luck would have a fellow collector pointed me in the direction, (as i did here), and at last, i now have one of my most most wanted.
I know Can will find another film of his liking somewhere [Wink]

Ali Hipperson
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 01, 2018 04:51 AM      Profile for Ali Hipperson   Email Ali Hipperson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope so Tom.

I suppose part of this great pastime of ours is in never having 'completed' our collections it keep us all going trying to find those elusive titles that we always wanted and the excitement when one appears and then 'the chase is on!'

Ali

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC