8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Equipment for sale

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Equipment for sale
Vince Woodhams
Junior

- posted January 14, 2013 04:21 PM      Profile for Vince Woodhams   Author's Homepage   Email Vince Woodhams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Please check out mu late fathers collection of projectors and films @ http://www.vinnyelectronic.webspace.virginmedia.com . Please PM me if you are interested in anything or would like to view the collection, Vince

|  IP: Logged

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2013 03:47 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Vince , i've pm you with an enquiry on your equipment sale. Thanks .

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted January 15, 2013 03:58 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello. Pm sent.

Bill Rodgers
Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2013 04:11 PM      Profile for Bill Rodgers   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Rodgers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PM sent! [Smile]

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2013 05:32 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a whole film collector's convention in one closet! Hope you guys fare well and have fun with this.

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2013 12:34 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I sent a PM for 3 of the 9.5 films.....

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted January 16, 2013 09:28 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a look at some of the pics but it's impossible to identify many of the 16mm films, as any writing on the cans is not visible, so a list would be useful!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2013 11:22 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would not hold your breath anyone as I just heard from him that he has an auction house coming to estimate the value of the films and equipment, so it is possible he is going to sell it elsewhere....Disappointing as I really wanted 3 of the films.

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 16, 2013 11:40 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I had a look at some of the pics but it's impossible to identify many of the 16mm films, as any writing on the cans is not visible, so a list would be useful!
Adrian, the pictures are high resolution, so you can zoom in to read the titles.

I always ask sellers who are lazy to write the list for taking picture in high resolution so I can identify by myself without bothering the sellers writing down hundreds of titles.

Here is an example what I can do with Vince's photos

-

And yes...they are going to Auction house. Too bad!

--------------------
Winbert

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted January 16, 2013 04:01 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Better that Winbert than to the rubbish bin, at least a lot will be
put back into circulation. A load of stuff I was given was destined
for just that.

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2013 10:54 PM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking at the pictures one can see mold on the cardboard and what looks like concrete dust on much of the equipment. Considering what it all cost when new, some of it may not be worth much given the condition some of it is in now. Its a shame that it was allowed to develop into such a state. The films may be fine, but when the Auction House sees the mold and heavy dust I have little doubt it will hurt the value. It appears that its a damp basement. The Color on some titles may have faded as well.

--------------------
Movie Lovers Do It in the Dark

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted January 17, 2013 04:16 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
I've taken a look at the pictures and think the condition of the
boxes to be okay considering their age.The climate in Britain is
very mild and fade shouldn't be a problem, as long as the room
hasn't been heated.Chances are that there'll be films there that have been viewed once and shelved, a collectors dream.

Vince Woodhams
Junior

- posted January 18, 2013 02:52 PM      Profile for Vince Woodhams   Author's Homepage   Email Vince Woodhams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guys and Gals,
Thanks to everyone for their requests for Equipment and Films and all round general advice and encouragement. I understand the need for a comprehensive Film list and I'm working towards this in the next week or so. Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of a work free life so a lot of this will have to be done during evenings / weekends. Hence the delay. Regarding the pictures of the films and the cans, I do have higher resolution pictures I can offer, but the website is limited space wise so something had to give. I may be able to free up some space in a little while to achieve this. Some of you may have already spotted 2 rows of the super8 films. IE the one row behind not cataloged. I also have a card system for the cans which are numbered so this could be generated fairly quickly. The 16mm larger items, will be done piecemeal.
Regarding the condition and the operation of the equipment, I don't have a good track record plugging in old electronics and the equipment surviving. So at this stage, I can't give any guarantees. All I can tell you is that they are stored in a clean dry area. I have an auction house appraising everything soon but it is by no means decided that this will all go to auction. I'm looking forward to cataloging everything and then dealing with the sale. Please PM or email me directly if you need any further info, Vince
Finally, can anyone identify the item attached for me? The text on the side says Zeiss ikon moodex R
 -

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted January 19, 2013 09:52 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
It looks as though it could be a little std 8mm projjector Vince.
Bolex did a similar design, something akin to a toaster. but very
good machines.

Richard Fullerton
Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2013 01:52 PM      Profile for Richard Fullerton   Email Richard Fullerton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd agree with Hugh. Quite a cute little piece of equipment!
PS: Hi Vince, I've sent you an email regarding a couple of films I spotted in there. Look forward to your reply.

Vince Woodhams
Junior

- posted January 20, 2013 07:36 AM      Profile for Vince Woodhams   Author's Homepage   Email Vince Woodhams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, thanks for the info. My first reaction was it was a Chinese puzzle....Still don't know how to get into the unit. If anyone has a manual or user guide I'd be very grateful.
Managed to get shots of the 2nd tier of the super 8's yesterday. Web has been updated to suit. Please scream if I have put pictures in the wrong sections. Apart form measuring the width of the films I have no idea what format they are just by looking at them. I have the card lists now so just and OCR exercise and excel to go. Items not numbered, I will have to go through picture wise to get a definitive listing. Many thanks again for all advice and support, Vince

Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 20, 2013 11:03 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vince,

That projector appears to be a Zeiss Ikon Movilux 8R, a silent standard 8mm German model from 1962. Like the Bolex that Hugh mentioned, this is a pretty display piece. When you do get it open. you'll see that the supply/take up arms flip up and there's a set of colorful buttons in the back.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted January 20, 2013 11:19 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And here I was thinking it was a boom box! So much for what I know [Confused]

Vince Woodhams
Junior

- posted February 02, 2013 06:51 AM      Profile for Vince Woodhams   Author's Homepage   Email Vince Woodhams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All- sorry for the lack of f/b this week. The S8 film catalogue is still developing. Many titles unlisted (250 so far)in addition to the 600 card indexed. I'm checking out the items in blank or unmarked boxes this weekend so hope to back-fill early next week.
I've had much feedback this week requesting the quality / and condition of the prints so this will be my task after the catalogue is completed. My apologies for delay in responding to individual questions. I am logging film requests in time / date order so these can be dealt with in a fair manner. Equipment will also be dealt with in the same manner. Thank you again for your patience.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC