8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Just got an Eiki RT-2 ... Need spares

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just got an Eiki RT-2 ... Need spares
Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted April 05, 2013 11:51 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi!

I have this newly aquired and wondered where to find belts for it. It hasn't been used in years and it does seem okay, except for the belt on the motor to the shutter, it was disintegrating

Do I need to change more belts? The jagged large and long one is looking okay, and moving the shutter by hand, it all moves

Any tips on where to grease the wheels or whatnot also appreciated

Thanks

|  IP: Logged

Richard C Patchett
Master Film Handler

- posted April 05, 2013 05:12 PM      Profile for Richard C Patchett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings Vidar
Im here in the USA
and A Eiki parts disturator and ship overseas
PLease vist my web site
http://www.rcsclassic16mm.com/
Use a synthetic grease on all plastic gears
Oil all moving parts with a sewing machine oil
DO NOT USE WD 40
RC

--------------------
RC’s Classic Collection
16 mm Parts & Service
Elmo, Eiki, Bell & Howell +

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted April 05, 2013 06:57 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't see belts for the RT-2. Do you have them? Are they the same as the RM series? If not, I'll get a set of belts not fitting :-/

Do I need to change all belts or can I do the ones they sell as a 4 belt set only?

Let me know if you got the proper belts for it and I'll order from you if you do PayPal

Thanks for reply. I would also like to buy the grease and oil you recommend, could you supply that too?

Richard C Patchett
Master Film Handler

- posted April 05, 2013 07:47 PM      Profile for Richard C Patchett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings
Theses are the belts for the RT
and they are on my web site
2 –ST-12181 Motor/ Rev Belt $18.70 ea
2 -ST-13151 Take Up Arm Belt/Supply $22.50 ea
1-ST-15211 Main Drive Belt $26.40
Super lube 3 oz tube $ 8.00 each
Super lube oil pen $5.00 each
plus mailing of $23.00 for all
Pay Pal is welcome use my email address
patchetts@ameritech.net

--------------------
RC’s Classic Collection
16 mm Parts & Service

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 05, 2013 09:15 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can sell you all 4 belts for £20.00 inc post
I do not have the large toothed on
I have sold 1000s of these with no problems I have sent you a email

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted April 05, 2013 10:01 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was thinking about Richards prices, a bit higher than eBay ones, if they are the same as the RM models?

Full set of 5 belts for under 50 dollar

Richard C Patchett
Master Film Handler

- posted April 05, 2013 10:31 PM      Profile for Richard C Patchett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings
All my Eiki Parts are from Eiki
and no middle man
My prices might be a little high its called supply and demand
I do stand behind them and all my service work
RC

--------------------
RC’s Classic Collection
16 mm Parts & Service

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted April 06, 2013 01:24 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not meant to offend you, just saw 5 belt set on eBay. Might be inferior quality for all I know ...

Might come back to you on it, will see if the belts I am getting works fine first.

Thanks for the offer in any case

Richard C Patchett
Master Film Handler

- posted April 06, 2013 02:01 PM      Profile for Richard C Patchett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings
Lets hope there not just plain O rings
You can always Email me at
patchetts@ameritech.net
Thank you for your reply
Best of luck
RC

--------------------
RC’s Classic Collection
16 mm Parts & Service

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted April 17, 2013 05:50 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got the belts today, David. Thank you

I don't know how this could happen, just replaced three belts, the arm belts and the sound projection belt (I don't think there ever was a silent projection belt there and no 18/24 switch.

Problem is now, if I rewind, the front arm is going the opposite direction and if forward, vice versa.

There's no way of putting the belts on wrong I believe, but I am stuck now, can not understand what to do.

It sounded like the most quiet 16mm I've ever heard, is this the case?

Thor Andre Karlsen
Film Handler

- posted April 17, 2013 11:08 AM      Profile for Thor Andre Karlsen   Email Thor Andre Karlsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi!
I have an RT-2 too, I had just the exact same problem as you, its not the belt thats the problem, its the ratchet inside where the main belt and the belt for the front arm meet, its sat the wrong way [Wink] [URL=en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratchet mechanism]Wikipedia[/URL]

just behind the shutter blade opposite of the motor is a small screw on a little plate, thats where to fill oil tho the washers, its important to use thin oil.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted April 17, 2013 01:10 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, then it's nothing I did, cause I only changed the belts. You don't happen to have a picture of it, I am not 100% sure which you mean ... The whole mech or just the outer part?

Appreciate the reply

Thor Andre Karlsen
Film Handler

- posted April 17, 2013 01:42 PM      Profile for Thor Andre Karlsen   Email Thor Andre Karlsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Open the screw and drag the lock off, then you can take off the cylinder that contains the ratchet and pin, the pin might fall out, if I'm not wrong you only have to turn the pin the other way and the ratchet will work the right way.

-

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted April 17, 2013 01:54 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you mean the screw the leftmost arrow points to, I can unscrew that, but the piece the screw was in, no way I can budge that ...

Thanks for the picture, at least I see that I was in the right area from your description

Thor Andre Karlsen
Film Handler

- posted April 17, 2013 02:01 PM      Profile for Thor Andre Karlsen   Email Thor Andre Karlsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It should be all lose when that screw is unscrewed, if not you could try to gently press it off with a flat iron, maybe try to use some WD40, CJC or something on it.

Btw. the cylinder should be able to go clockwise but not the other way.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted April 17, 2013 03:44 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got it off, but have no idea what to turn the other way around. It was really stuck :-/ ... I tried turning the pin, same results ... The whole cylinder wouldn't work as it's the only way to keep the pin (I guess the pin you refer to is a small metal piece oval or rounded?)

Thor Andre Karlsen
Film Handler

- posted April 17, 2013 03:58 PM      Profile for Thor Andre Karlsen   Email Thor Andre Karlsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

If you can spin the cylinder both ways after setting it like this, just turn the projector with the manual turning tingy you see bottom left in the pic, just a few times and its okay.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted April 17, 2013 04:26 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, thank you so much. Running now :-)

Now I need to find a jack plug for the speakers ... Have it lying around somewhere, but picture is nice now

Appreciate the help, invaluable

Thor Andre Karlsen
Film Handler

- posted April 17, 2013 04:45 PM      Profile for Thor Andre Karlsen   Email Thor Andre Karlsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No problem [Wink]

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 18, 2013 06:30 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
glad to hear my elf belts were fine

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted April 18, 2013 10:56 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not sure it was your belts anymore ... Did you send the large jagged one too? I got a letter today with belts also ... I can't remember ordering more belts, but ... If you sent the full 5 piece set, then it's your belts :-)

Thanks

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC