8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Films for Sale

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Films for Sale
Jonathan Kemner
Junior

- posted January 05, 2012 11:24 AM      Profile for Jonathan Kemner   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am joined to read your posts and try to learn more about films. Primarily becuase my father as so many and I did not realize there was such a big following of them. this coming from somewho who didn't know more then a few even existed now a days. My father is trying to sell then on ebay if you are interested. Which it seems like you guys know more then I know about them.

His ebay site -- http://www.ebay.com/sch/greatsurplusforall/

|  IP: Logged

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2012 01:00 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Jonathan and welcome to the forum. Your dad's link didn't work for me, so let's try this:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/greatsurplusforall/m.html?_dmd=1

It looks like he's scored a nice collection of school classroom films to sell. These typically are the at the lower value range because they're usually pretty well worn, have faded color, and have limited entertainment value.

Enjoy reading here -- we've all learned a lot from each other, and it's a fun bunch of hobbyists.

Jonathan Kemner
Junior

- posted January 05, 2012 03:14 PM      Profile for Jonathan Kemner   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you so much for fixing the link. Alot of the ones I have seen him post are school films but then there are random Science fiction ones thrown in. I agree from what I have seen you have decribed some of them right on the money.

I guess I am still shocked that a school had this many films. Seems like all they did was play films. Mind you this is coming from a younger person.

Thanks I look forward to learning from all of you.

--------------------
Sincerely
Jonathan Kemner

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2012 08:35 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, those films are good value but it is a shame that you will only ship to the United States ......as there are 16mm collectors worldwide who will happily pay the P&P if it is a reasonable charge.
Cheers [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2012 03:04 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jonathan, usually the public schools would have a central repository/library for all of their local holdings, so it wouldn't be a whole library for each individual location.

In my experience, how often we would view something depended greatly on the teacher in gradeschool, or subject in high school. So the frequency would vary from almost never to every other day. Remember, this was in the day before VCRs and tapes to play on them were common, and there were NO electronics, YouTube, or anything else. Film was king, and it was good. Some of them really looked great, too!

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2012 03:24 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Especially the Dr. Seuss slasher film HOOBER-BLOOD HIGHWAY ! [Big Grin]

I couldn't resist...

But yes I loved those old educational film days, where all the cool kids were in the AV department and got to run the projectors...OK maybe they didn't consider us cool kids, but we knew that running the films was cool...

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Alexander Richter
Junior

- posted January 08, 2012 12:36 PM      Profile for Alexander Richter   Email Alexander Richter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jonathan,

I'm looking for Science Fiction movies from the 1930-60's, so if your father has a list of his films, I'd be very interested in learning what you have.

My best,
Alex

Jonathan Kemner
Junior

- posted January 09, 2012 01:40 PM      Profile for Jonathan Kemner   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Clinton Hunt
I spoke with him about shipping internationally. If you email him with enought advance notice he can ship internationally it's just the cost to ship internationally .... is not cheap.

Alexander Richter
He may have a few but the problem is he posts every other day so I do not always see what he is posting. I'd take a look at the site and see what is live that day.

--------------------
Sincerely
Jonathan Kemner

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC