8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Membership nearly at 1500! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Membership nearly at 1500!
Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted March 17, 2009 05:38 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
The forum seems to be going from strength to strength [Smile]

It would be nice see some more of that 1,500 people posting though [Frown]

I wonder of we can make 2000 by the end of this year [Smile]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

|  IP: Logged

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 17, 2009 06:14 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
will there be any avatar updates in the future?

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 17, 2009 08:10 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's right people ... 1500 members! (I'm saying it as if it has already happened, as it will!)

We may not have best graphics ...

BUT WERE THE BEST FILM FORUM!!

It must hurt to be second best all others!

That's right, I said it!! How do you like me now?!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted March 17, 2009 10:43 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are no sweller bunch than the members here. No cliques here. Everyone is welcome and respected. I think the numbers should earn the members a posting picture. I could use a new one too because as I said before, I have grown and morphed into an alien life form. [Big Grin]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 18, 2009 10:23 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PAY NO ATTENTION TO THAT MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!

I AM THE GREAT AND POWERFUL OS!!

(hee hee)

Hey Dan, will your new photo be with or without toupee?

(actually, I shouldn't laugh, you have more hair under your nose than I have on my head!)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted March 18, 2009 11:25 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No doubt about it, this has become the best film collecting forum on the web. Anyone remember the early days, when we had Derek Simmonds on board? How he is missed. And how about the 'war' that was waged against this forum by some of the video converts a few years back? That looks so ridiculous in retrospect. They tried to ridicule 8mm film collecting, and they ended up the 'reel' losers by dumping all their film equipment, while we kept the unique enjoyment of film and supplemented it with digital projection!
Anyway, when we hit 1500, a salute is due to our founder Brad Miller for keeping this site going all these years, and of course to our diligent Moderators Kev and Doug.
On to 2000!

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2009 12:01 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I must say that I do find more actual and useful information on this board, and far friendlier exchanges than some other forums. I really think it is important to maintain such goodwill as the hobby moves into the future. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2009 12:13 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I agree with all the comments posted above. And can I just add that what I like about this forum is that everybody uses their real name instead of many other forums that use a gimmicky catch name and photos and animations that have nothing to do with the real enhusiast behind them.

Long live the 8mm forum.

I take it everybodys name is real but Im sure somebody will post that their real name is George Lucas, particularly Chip! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Graham S

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2009 12:56 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't post as much as I did, but I look in most days and it's good to see the forum go from strength to strength.

As Graham says - I think it has a lot to do with the fact that people are identified by their real names rather than strange and largely irrelevant made up names, I'm sure that knowing who you are talking to goes a long way towards making the forum the friendly place that it is. [Smile]

In addition, we are blessed with a plethora of knowledgeable and eloquent members in whose presence I feel truely humble! [Wink]

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted March 18, 2009 03:28 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great Os,

Toupee or not toupee, that is the question'
whether 'tis knobler on the mind to suffer
the strings and narrows of outrageous torture [Big Grin]

The mustache is fake. [Big Grin]

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2009 03:56 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW!!! thats really great news,with so much film still out there on EBAY etc it would be great to see the members no's hitting 2000 or more.

Spread the word super 8 is great!!!

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 18, 2009 10:13 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Getting close to 1500 thats great, [Smile] well their must be many stories out there about projectors and films, why you got into it? all sorts etc, even post a few photos... see digital does come in handy [Wink]

Graham. [Smile]

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 16, 2010 04:56 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tomorrow will be ONE year since this original post and the forum has gained 400 new members!

I was thinking about the membership at 1500 and I was curious how long ago it was and I am truly shocked that it was only a year ago! [Smile]

Bill

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted March 16, 2010 08:14 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The more the merrier, but just imagine how much the situation regarding 8mm would be tranformed if even a mere 5% of members actually bought each new release that comes out!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Stewart McSporran
Master Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2010 04:53 PM      Profile for Stewart McSporran   Email Stewart McSporran   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do the admins have access to the server logs? It would be interesting to see how many unique people logged in over the past quarter / six months / year.

John Cook
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 26, 2010 10:49 PM      Profile for John Cook   Author's Homepage   Email John Cook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
YAK Yak yak, hey just saying. Seein how this is the general yak forum.

Kevin, that's great news.

--------------------
Come visit The Pit
http://members.cox.net/home-theater

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted May 02, 2010 09:11 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi wrote.......

quote:
That's right people ... 1500 members! (I'm saying it as if it has already happened, as it will!)

We may not have best graphics ...

BUT WERE THE BEST FILM FORUM!!

It must hurt to be second best all others!

That's right, I said it!! How do you like me now?!

Dare I say this is hilarious! [Big Grin]

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2010 05:35 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, and just a tad bit of irony reading through this entire post. Still, I am amazed at how many members have joined in just over a year! [Smile]

Bill

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2010 09:39 AM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is the best source of information for anyone interested in this crazy hobby of ours. I visit every day and I always find the posts interesting an entertaining. No wonder this forums membership keeps growing.

Bart Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2010 10:29 AM      Profile for Bart Smith   Author's Homepage   Email Bart Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan wrote....

quote:
Everyone is welcome and respected.
Dare I say this is hilarious! [Big Grin]

--------------------
www.bluecinetech.co.uk

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 05, 2010 10:30 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AND with 1500 or so at-bay, many MUST go to the next International Film Collector's Expo in Wildwood NJ come October - Let's ALL plan on it - Details will follow, courtesy of your host and film-man extraordinaire, John Black - Shorty

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 05, 2010 10:36 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah....the old posts....they bring back such memories. By the way, we've now had 1,970 8mm/9.5mm/16mm types sign up throughout the years.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 05, 2010 11:20 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Even more for the shows! C'mon people, let's have film-fun

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted May 08, 2010 03:35 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bart,

I will say it again...

quote:
Everyone is welcome and respected.
.....of course the respect part is based on one's merits.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 08, 2010 10:03 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The merits of this thread are becoming questionable.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC