8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Unbelievable!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Unbelievable!!!!
Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted November 18, 2009 01:48 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Christmas decorations in November!!????????
[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

I like to celebrate Christmas at Christmas myself.

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 18, 2009 02:29 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmm....

It's a Worldwide Phenomenon then: "Christmas" started here roughly at the same time as Halloween! (-So much for "November"!)

I walked into a department store a few weeks ago and saw the Christmas decorations up. Even speaking as somebody who loves Christmas, it made me feel a little nauseous!

We may be getting so far ahead of ourselves that we're actually celebrating Christmas 2010!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2009 02:30 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Micheal,
We heard the Christmas songs playing in the store at the weekend,a bit early really!! ...Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted November 18, 2009 02:42 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, it is so irritating.

I love Christmas. I love the Christmas season. It is NOT in November.

People must have such empty lives that they need to create the illusion that Christmas is here by putting the decs up.

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2009 02:49 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can agree to everything written here.

All I want for Christmas is more super 8 stuff.

If I can't get that, then I'll take a stuffed bahumbug. Besides - it'd look cute on the mantle without anything else [Big Grin]

Kurt Gardner
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2009 02:51 PM      Profile for Kurt Gardner   Author's Homepage   Email Kurt Gardner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, I was at Fashion Square in Sherman Oaks, CA, last night and not only did they have Christmas music and decorations, they already had Santa Claus taking pictures with the kids. Yeesh!

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 18, 2009 03:11 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, Michael!

Not Empty Lives, but Empty Wallets!

If we weren't in the middle of a recession, Christmas would start at Advent like it should.

It makes me a little uncomfortable. Every time I see all this Christmas stuff out I get this panicked feeling: "I haven't even STARTED to shop yet!"

-which of course is why they are doing it in the first place!

--------------------

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 18, 2009 03:20 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cracker Barrel had Christmas trees up in their stores back in August!
If your ever in Florida there is a wonderful place to go - The Rogers Christmas House at Brooksville (near Weeki Wachee Springs), which is a year round celebration of Christmas trees, trains, and decorations.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 18, 2009 03:30 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Cardiologist just gave me excellent reviews, so I feel OK about going to Cracker Barrel again!

"Yew wann some lard with yer cholesterol?"

I actually like the place, It's just that after I failed my EKG (turned out the machine was out of kilter) I stayed away for a while!

--------------------

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 18, 2009 03:38 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Holiday cards were out before Labor Day. The CVS here already has both Valentine and St. Patrick ready to go - It's an on-going circle - They're all crazy

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 18, 2009 03:54 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
to the tune of "Winter Wonderland"

Far away, from the manger ...
Life is cheap, and filled with danger ...
The toll rises high, how many shall die ...
walking in an icy parking lot!

People finish, all they're shopping ...
They're feet slide out, we stand there gawking ...
The fragile glass wear, flies up in the air ...
Walking in an icy parking ...

It does you no good to go crying ...
It doesn't do no good to finsh before dark ...
cuz you know the cars will go sliding,
where there's an openm place to park!

(repeat first and second verses until you throw up your egg nog!)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2009 04:10 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Going back some 15 years, I walked into a store about a week before Halloween looking for some candy to pass out for the kids. What do I fine, CANDY CANES! I bought 10 boxes, and on Halloween night, I sported my Santa Suit and walked the neighborhood passing out candy canes. I have done so many, many times since then [Big Grin]

It does raise some eyebrows with some adults......

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted November 18, 2009 04:37 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nah, Steve. The recession can't really be blamed. In the UK, at least, this has been the same for a few years now.

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2009 05:51 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Look on the bright side guys - the Easter Eggs will be in the shops on New Years day! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2009 06:24 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If they keep backing up Christmas any further, pretty soon they'll be doing like Stan and Ollie: selling Christmas trees in the middle of summer [Eek!]

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC