8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Doug and Brad

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Doug and Brad
Dan Lail
Film God

- posted February 01, 2010 11:40 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would just like to say what a great forum this is and give some well deserved recognition to Doug Meltzer and Brad Miller for a job well done. It's free, informative and friendly. This is surely due to the moderating and forum guidelines.

Thanks, guys! [Wink]

|  IP: Logged

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 02, 2010 05:41 AM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan,

I'll second that; it should be mentioned. This place, by comparison to so many, remains refreshingly friendly and easy-going. I think a good part of that is that no one plays the 'nanny' here; we are trusted to behave (well, at least most of the time [Big Grin] ) and so things move smoothly.

This continues to be a unique resource for 8/16/9.5mm.

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted February 02, 2010 09:47 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Knowing Doug from the John Black Show, I can personally vouch for his being our finest and knowing Brad through the forums here, one of the top-rank (Hope to meet you at the show next time in May, you guys should come down and we'll have a fine gathering) - This great forum wouldn't be in existence if it weren't for stalwart individuals as these who truly care and devote their time - I'm ever-grateful, Shorty

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 02, 2010 07:04 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I would just like to say what a great forum this is and give some well deserved recognition to Doug Meltzer and Brad Miller for a job well done. It's free, informative and friendly. This is surely due to the moderating and forum guidelines.

It took you 1764 posts to realize that?

[Big Grin]

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted February 02, 2010 07:52 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tony,

Can I help it if I'm a slow learner? [Razz] [Big Grin]

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted February 03, 2010 07:17 AM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also wish to thank Brad and Doug for all of the work that they do in keeping this forum going as it is such a valuable resource for all film collectors of all guages. I have been collecting films for well over 30 years but I can truly say that I learnt more about this wonderful hobby of ours since visiting this forum on an almost daily basis. The knowledge and experience of the many members worldwide is so helpful to old and new enthusiasts alike, and to say that this forum has played its part in keeping the hobby going is no exaggeration. I purchased a Bell and Howell 2585 16mm projector last weekend in lovely condition, but this forum was there for me to download the manuals for this machine to help keep it in working condition. This is a free archive, available to all, which typifies how friendly and useful this forum is. If one of us has a problem, someone here will have a solution or will know of someone who can help. Thank you Brad and Doug for all your sterling efforts, and also thank you all of the members, for without your postings and friendly advice this forum would not be the great place that it is.

Paul.

Thomas Stathes
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 04, 2010 11:04 AM      Profile for Thomas Stathes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ditto to everything said here. I also had the pleasure of meeting Doug at John Black's show and enjoyed his company.

--------------------
Drop me a line at CartoonsOnFilm@gmail.com

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted February 05, 2010 11:51 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And he will return, right Doug? Bring Brad - Bring Films

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC