8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Found a 250W lamp with 500h lifetime!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Found a 250W lamp with 500h lifetime!
Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 04, 2010 07:03 AM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Searching the web here in Sweden for 250W lamps for my 16MM projectors I found this:
http://highway.nu/vmchk/f%C3%B6rs%C3%A4ljning/ljus/ljusk%C3%A4llor/lampor/a-z/t-f-elc-24v-250w-longlife

My only question is, will this lamp work in a projector?
It looks as if it would, but you never now. Have anyone here tested this lamp?

And it's not to pricy either, 225 Skr. is around €24, and with a life of 500 hours, that makes it cheap.

P.S. Click on the picture of the lamp to see it bigger.

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted June 04, 2010 09:38 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is quoted as an ELC so is probably the same as this UK seller, but much cheaper than yours!
http://www.prolightingaccessories.co.uk/ELC__64653__13163_24V_250W/p154183_315769.aspx?gclid=COispa3ThqICFQc9lAodOSpDVw#
It certainly says it is for movie projectors.

--------------------
Maurice

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 04, 2010 10:36 AM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That has to be a typo. That exact color temperature, lumen rating, and 500 hour life can't all be true, especially from three manufacturers.

I ran into this with a bulb supplier here in the states once, actually sending back some cheap bulbs that were incorrectly spec'd. They're the right wattage, the right fitting, but are designed for stage lighting applications, and the tradeoff for burn time is slightly less light output and a less balanced color spectrum. So I would say yes, 500-hour bulbs DO exist, they're fine to put in your projector, but they're likely to not look as good.

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 04, 2010 02:41 PM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Be very careful with some of these lamps (not sure about these in particular), but there are some so-called ELC lamps that were made for different purposes (not projection) and the mirroring is all wrong - which will lead you to a much dimmer (and possibly unevenly lit) picture.

Standard ELCs can be had for $5-$10, so why bother anyway?

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted June 04, 2010 02:44 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bought a few Philips Broadway ELC/5H 250watt lamps a few years ago, rated for 500 hours and although you get a lot more life out of them the down side is the light output, a bit on the dull side so I changed back to the usual 50 hour lamp.... "thats better" [Cool] . I would not go back to using them for that reason.

Graham. [Smile]

Richard C Patchett
Master Film Handler

- posted June 05, 2010 11:36 AM      Profile for Richard C Patchett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings
I have also tried the ELC/5H in my film presentations Went back to the old ones.
My out come was much better then the brighter ones.
The ELC/5H is not worth it
Just my option.
RC

--------------------
RC’s Classic Collection
16 mm Parts & Service
Elmo, Eiki, Bell & Howell +
http://www.rcsclassic16mm.com/

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC