8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » try to help a guy out....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: try to help a guy out....
Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted January 30, 2011 11:18 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ya know, I try to help a guy out last week, and when I leave, he hits me with spiders and snowballs!

Yep, good 'ol Roy boxes up Snowball Express and (1955) Tarantula and makes me take them when I leave! (and other titles) That is just plain rotten I tell ya! [Wink]

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

|  IP: Logged

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 31, 2011 01:30 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done...Tarantula in one of my all time highest wants....I have a beautiful framed insert in my house.....What a guy.....The only thing worse would have been if he threw in a Black Scorpion [Razz]

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted February 03, 2011 12:15 AM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Screening it right now Dino, it has maybe 10 or so splices per reel but none seemed to be jump splices. What a clean image & print. I'm running it through the film-o-clean and no new dirt lines are showing up on the cleaning media.

--------------------

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 03, 2011 08:18 AM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a copies of both of those features on 16mm. I think I'll watch Snowball Express this weekend. A perfect movie for these horrible Winter conditions.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted February 04, 2011 11:42 AM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We haven't had snow in a few weeks, so I'm waiting for the next storm to show the kids Snowball Express [Big Grin]

--------------------

Roy Neil
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 13, 2011 04:37 AM      Profile for Roy Neil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I only just now saw this post...and I am very sleep deprived so I hope my post is coherent, apologies in advance.

Trust me, the teeter-totter is still heavily weighted on Wayne's end .. and it's not because he eats too much.

I just mean that a few feet of film do not go very far to even the score, I have a lot more retaliation to perform.

And in case anyone out there doesn't already know - he helps a lot of people including the entire film community.

That's right, the whole community. The intermission films that are available - brand new - are not only great for collectors but also serve as a great means of preservation. The more people that own a print in a different location help to preserve that film for future generations. Now he is moving into fully licensed cartoons with Bambi Meets Godzilla and the new Lupo the Butcher prints - and you can even buy unlimited exhibition rights for a few bucks more. As a collector, I think it is amazing that new films are still being printed specifically for us, and that they are actually inexpensive.

Printing film is not a walk in the park, neither is securing rights and film elements and dealing with labs and all the other headaches. And believe me when I say, Wayne is not getting rich selling film.

I believe the entire community benefits from his efforts - so if anyone deserves thanks its Wayne.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC