8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » I couldn't believe my eyes, no adverts with the new 007

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I couldn't believe my eyes, no adverts with the new 007
Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2012 11:20 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was dumbfounded really, I hadn't been to the Cinema for a while, but I couldn't believe it when I went to see the new 007 "Skyfall" (excellent by the way) at my local Cineworld, all we got was trailers, and a couple of ads for the foyer consumerables (Popcorn, Coke etc.) but no actual adverts. The last time I saw this happen was a few years back when Cineworld were changing advert suppliers, perhaps this is what's happening, but what a joy not having to sit through 20 minutes of those boring adverts, I wish it was like this all the time, but I bet it won't last long.

|  IP: Logged

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2012 12:02 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
they must have figured there was enough product placement in the film such as Heineken [Wink]

We walked in during the Diehard 34 trailer so I can't say for sure what or if we missed in the way of ads. All we saw were two more trailers (The Hobbit & Django) then the feature.

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Colin Robert Hunt
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2012 02:13 PM      Profile for Colin Robert Hunt   Author's Homepage   Email Colin Robert Hunt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting news Barry. I saw Skyfall at my local Cineworld here in Milton Keynes. I clocked up 30 minutes for adverts & trailers. Agree that this film was one of the better Bond's. Presentation was digital.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted November 26, 2012 09:14 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I sat through the worst advert package ever preceding Skyfall. Nothing but ads showing products placed in the Bond feature. I had to endure a half-hour long trailer of the movie before the film itself.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 26, 2012 12:04 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When we went we fell about laughing at the advert package prior to the film and sat there second guessing what advert 007 would show up in next. Absolutely hilarious!

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted November 26, 2012 01:28 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I read where they were going to cut some of the adverts to fit more screenings of Skyfall. However, it was left up to the individual theaters. I also think the film is great as is Daniel Craig. In the film he owns the role of james Bond.

James Bond will return...

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted November 27, 2012 04:43 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Never mind the adverts,where were the Bond girls? What happened to the exotic locations? Bond may be turning its eye
towards a modern audience,but is fast losing what made them
a step up from similar actioners, I wont even mention the film
scores of late. Jackie Chan & Bruce Willis have served up similar.

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2012 08:36 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Never mind the adverts,where were the Bond girls?
Looks like you missed the scenes with Mrs. Moneypenny and Sévérine

quote:
What happened to the exotic locations?
Well... they've shot in China, Turkey, Japan, ... even Scotland!

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted November 27, 2012 08:46 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
If those two young ladies were the answer to the very attractive
ladies in the past films,then we have regressed.As for the "exotic"
locations, A big city at night isn't that much different to any other
city.Sorry Jorge, I think the magic has gone, along with the great
music scores of John Barry.Rate it 6/10.Not shaken or stirred.

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2012 04:58 PM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hugh knows what he is talking about having spent quality time with several Bond Girls offscreen [Wink]

--------------------
Movie Lovers Do It in the Dark

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted November 27, 2012 05:11 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
I wish Joe,nice to have you back.No I wasn't taken with the new
Bond film, a good actioner, but not in the same league as my
favourite "The Spy Who Loved Me", which had it all. This one
I felt was lacking,even though the bad guy is the spitting image
of my mate Ryan, except for the blonde hair.

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 29, 2012 12:54 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree Hugh where are the Bond girls we all know and love? Hey Joerg Mrs. Moneypenny is not a Bond girl she is a M's girl and the future Mrs. Bond she wishes. The USA is copying the UK and its adverts before a movie Barry . Its like a big TV set but not at home . The only thing I loved about "Skyfall" is the Aston Martin. I think Daniel is not the sexy Bond that Connery was and Fleming agrees. He said Sean was Bond the person he invisioned when he wrote the book. Nuff Said!!! Oh Hugh I love this bond girl Caroline Munro( Golden Voyage of Sinbad) from "the Spy who Loved Me ". And the girls in the credits at the begining with out a single one with anything on. Wow the greatest titles of all 007 films. With the classic under water car.  -

[ November 30, 2012, 08:00 PM: Message edited by: Laksmi Breathwaite ]

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC