8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Rare NES Game Ebay Auction

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rare NES Game Ebay Auction
Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 25, 2014 02:31 AM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This auction is making headlines:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NES-Nintendo-World-Championship-Ca rt-RARE-Torn-Label-100-Authentic-Adult-Owned-/221357006206

--------------------
http://lostandoutofprintfilms.blogspot.com/

|  IP: Logged

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 25, 2014 10:31 AM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There was a guy on the Pawn Stars TV show recently with two of the championship carts, one like this and a gold one. Both were in great shape compared to this one. Just goes to show what true collectors will pay....

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted January 25, 2014 11:00 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
May I ask exactly what this is? And why has the bid reached such a high figure?

--------------------
Maurice

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 25, 2014 11:22 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maurice
I think it is a cartridge for a Nintedo computer games machine , Super Mario I believe, but why it has reached this figure is beyond me.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 25, 2014 11:30 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
... and people balk at the prices of a STAR WARS Derann print on this forum! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 25, 2014 12:06 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is a rare cartridge specially made for a tournament in 1990. Only 116 were made, 90 of these grey and 26 of them gold (like the Zelda cartridges). These were used as the tournament travelled along the globe, and according to a magazine article I read, most of them were given to staff, arrangers, and in some case: winners.

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 25, 2014 06:35 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As this is one of digital technology, then the data can be copied exactly the same as the original, right?

So the buyer actually pays that high only for the case!

--------------------
Winbert

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2014 11:39 AM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the words of Duncan Bannatine "Im ooot" [Smile]

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted January 27, 2014 10:27 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Update is the high bidder backed out. Claimed that his child "accidentally" bid on his behalf. Now the seller is trying to contact the other high bidders but in the interim others have crawled out of the woodwork with their copies of the same game. Unfortunately the dishonest high bidder now has screwed the sellers auction.

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2014 12:37 AM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yikes! Looking at the bidding history, the winning bidder was also the first bidder. Not to mention that the final bid came in an hour and twenty minute before the auction ended.

The seller will also have to look at his account with a $9,902 ebay fee for listing the item. Which he will get credited back but, yeah...what a terrible thing to do on the part of the fake buyer.

The fake buyer probably has something to do with one of the other two games now available -- that's my guess. There is now a gold cart at auction that started 2 hours after the "torn label" one ended. It's already over $100,000 with 7 days to go!

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 28, 2014 01:21 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
There is now a gold cart at auction that started 2 hours after the "torn label" one ended. It's already over $100,000 with 7 days to go!
Gerald can you send us the link for this one?

I think if the price is already this high, it is better to go to a a professional auction house such as Sotheby's or Christie's.

--------------------
Winbert

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2014 01:44 AM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NES Nintendo World Championship GOLD Cart Super RARE 100% Authentic Adult Owned

http://www.ebay.c om/itm/NES-Nintendo-World-Championship-GOLD-Cart-Super-RARE-100-Authentic-Adult-Owned-/281253143194?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item417bfe629a

This on is also missing a label but, it was never put on there by Nintendo -- according to the seller. Keep in mind folks that this special contest cart is only a 7 min. game!! That's the average time on a one-reel 200' short!

Here it is on youtube and you don't have to pay $100,000 for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8120m-9RMzA

The player is bad at the first two easy games but, a genius at Tetris!

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 28, 2014 02:49 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now the listing becomes funny. Let's see:

quote:
PayPal is the only payment accepted
Who is in this earth has $100,000 balance on his/her paypal?

OK, link to the credit card.....

Who is in this earth is allowed to make a credit on his/her CC for more than $100,000? [Confused]

I think everyone wiring for more than $100,000 will be scrutinized by the IRS.

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC