8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Leonard Nimoy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Leonard Nimoy
Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted February 27, 2015 12:23 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's in the news that Leonard Nimoy has passed away. He was 83 years old.

His Spock was so iconic that he was given rights of approval over Zachary Quinto as his successor as Spock in the new films.

I've been enjoying him since I was in elementary school: it's kind of hard to imagine a world without him!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

|  IP: Logged

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 27, 2015 12:47 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sad day indeed Steve, also liked him in mission impossible, iconic series with the likes of his character Spock, which made star trek watchable again and again. R.I.P Leonard Nimoy.

Douglas Warren
Master Film Handler

- posted February 27, 2015 12:48 PM      Profile for Douglas Warren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He will be missed Steve.Growing up in the 1970's,I remember him as the host of "In Search Of" along with a good part in the remake of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers." R.I.P..Spock / Leonard.

--------------------
Turn out the lights,the movie is starting!

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 27, 2015 01:08 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
As all have said, such sad news hearing this today of what was a truly iconic character. He had a good innings but still a very sad day indeed when you hear news of this kind.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted February 27, 2015 01:11 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Star Trek is also a classical, here. Another sad new.

--------------------
Dominique

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 27, 2015 02:31 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He used to do sci-fi audio books rather well to! [Smile]

--------------------
Trevor

Jason Gronn
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 27, 2015 03:22 PM      Profile for Jason Gronn   Email Jason Gronn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very sad news about Mr Nimoy, he maybe no longer here with us but his work will live forever.

RIP Mr Spock

Pete Richards
Master Film Handler

- posted February 27, 2015 03:26 PM      Profile for Pete Richards   Email Pete Richards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://io9.com/rip-leonard-nimoy-who-showed-us-what-it-truly-means-to-1688470007

A really nice wrteup about the man, his work and his impact on us all.

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 27, 2015 04:29 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Star Trek - What an iconic series and Spock was such a pivotal character. Leonard Nimmoy will live forever through him. To me he was always the strong silent and super logical hero.

Dave Groves
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 28, 2015 04:13 AM      Profile for Dave Groves     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When colour t.v. first appeared (and I couldn't afford one) I used to stand outside the shop watching Star Trek through the window. Then I managed to invite myself round to a friends house every week. Happy days!!

--------------------
Dave

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted February 28, 2015 11:47 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is very sad news for me also. Leonard Nimoy was another one of my early girlhood Hollywood crushes. Leonard may be gone...but Mr. Spock will live on through the legacy of Star Trek.

-

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC