8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Cine frame reader

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cine frame reader
John Last
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 27, 2015 04:16 PM      Profile for John Last   Email John Last       Edit/Delete Post 
I am experimenting with transfer of std8mm films on to a camcorder in readiness to transfer onto DVD. I'm almost satisfied with what I have. That is I use a Bolex M8 with my own 12v 100watt conversion and have replaced the BOlex wire wound speed control resistors with a SCR controller. Then I made a frame reader which is so simple to make. All you need is a light sensitive resistor, a 10K resistor and a 9v battery. Hold the device in front of the projector lens and feed the output to a frequency meter (Like Fluke 87 selected to ac volts + hertz) and read the frames per second on the meter. Then adjust the projector speed to 50 and start recording. Seems to give reasonable results!

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted June 27, 2015 04:54 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds interesting John...When you get a chance...how about a few pics/video of your setup?

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

John Last
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 01, 2015 05:47 AM      Profile for John Last   Email John Last       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Janice, I'm having difficulty with photos etc. when I've sorted this out I'll post you more details.

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted July 01, 2015 02:13 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John...I use Photoshop to resize and optomize my photos for the forum, however you can easily do it online for free at webresizer.com

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted July 01, 2015 02:40 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
"Paint" works also if you use microsoft office.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC