8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » War Of The Planets S8 SOUND ebay

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: War Of The Planets S8 SOUND ebay
Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted June 24, 2016 05:50 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You never know how much these film are going to fetch. I have never seen a sound version of this film anywhere. It's no wonder the bids are rolling in.

Check this out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WAR-OF-THE-PLANETS-CA STLE-FILMS-SUPER-8-MM-SOUND-NIB-/222156567723?hash=item33b99034ab:g:b34AAOSw-4BXZERR

|  IP: Logged

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2016 05:55 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pasquale - Hope your dollar starters do the same! We laugh when we see opportunists price their films at a ridiculous price..... but if it gets there on its own merit...........!

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 24, 2016 06:16 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This started at a sensible $9.98 - Naturally, certain titles will cause escalation - Shorty

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2016 06:22 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Exactly my point,Joe. Sometime a film will just take off from humble starting prices. Lucky seller!

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Paul Suchy
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2016 07:03 PM      Profile for Paul Suchy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Suchy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The fact that it's sealed probably has a lot to do with the high bids. I only hope the buyer will crack it open and enjoy the print.

--------------------
Paul Suchy

Douglas Warren
Master Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2016 09:17 PM      Profile for Douglas Warren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's insane but obviously the winning bidder really wanted that print. I used to own the silent version of that print but was disappointed that the Metaluna alien did not make an appearance in the digest!

--------------------
Turn out the lights,the movie is starting!

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 25, 2016 12:27 AM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And being a Black & White print it won't suffer from colour fade!
Still , that was a lot of money for what looks like a 200ft film.
Oh and imagine if it was faulty in some way but not discovered because it was still sealed!
But that's just being negative :-)
P.S. I love Sci-fi so I think if I had lots of money I would bid high too :-)

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 25, 2016 07:26 AM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Douglas, thanks for that info. A B&W digest of a beautiful color film wouldn't suit me at all, especially without the metaluna mutant [Big Grin] Too bad all the U8 400 footers of This Island Earth that I've seen have faded to red [Embarrassed]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC