8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Mum (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Mum
Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted January 15, 2017 12:15 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sincere condolences - I'm sure all will agree that losing a Mum at any stage in life is a terrible loss. If you feel she reached a good age, hopefully that will be some comfort in future.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

|  IP: Logged

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2017 03:06 AM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so sorry to hear. time is the healer. my best wishes to you.

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2017 05:50 AM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My sympathy Dominique...

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Dave Groves
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2017 07:40 AM      Profile for Dave Groves     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I lost my Mom when I was 18, just at an age when I was beginning to appreciate her as an adult. You will no doubt have many memories that will bring comfort and help, especially in these early days. I join with all the others in sending my thoughts and best wishes

--------------------
Dave

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 15, 2017 09:23 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Condolences to you and your family. Very sorry to hear of your sad news.
Best wishes,
Tom & Family.

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2017 09:53 AM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dominque sorry to her about your Mum. Deepest condolences to you and your family and hope you find peace and comfort in the days to come.

Mike

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2017 11:14 AM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Dominique,I have been out of town the last few days away from my computer, so this is the first opportunity for me to offer my condolences to you.

I lost my father last March and know what you are going through. Although I am over nine months further away from his passing, one still grieves. Maybe not always on the surface, but deep down.You may find that you can talk about your mum to people in a general sort of way without feeling too emotional, then a little later mention a specific memory...then the emotion comes back.

I wanted to be the first one to say to you that "time" is a wonderful healer. Paul beat me to it. I can only assure you, it does get a little easier...day...by...day...by...day. The grief does start to very slowly fade....as does the pain.Whether it disappears I have yet to find out. One thing that NEVER fades....the memories.

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 15, 2017 11:31 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
My wife lost her Mum last Autumn. Last night she was inconsolable due to the pain still, and being apart for almost a week for the first time in our married life.

It is indeed, as Melvin and Paul so correctly point out, a case of one day at a time.

Some days it feels like your world is an empty one and despair is never too far away in the early months.

The pain you and her, and countless others, are so obviously feeling, is merely a barometer of the impression left by these wonderful people exiting our time here on earth. It is to their credit that they leave such a monumental void.
Good friends, close relatives and partners who genuinely and truly care for your welfare are the key.

Surround yourself as much as is ever practically possible, with all of these people and you won't go far wrong.

We are all here for you Dominique, by PM or whatever means, if you need to chat mate.

Our hearts go out to you my friend.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted January 16, 2017 06:03 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for your loss, my friend.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Paul Suchy
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2017 08:09 AM      Profile for Paul Suchy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Suchy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Take strength from good thoughts of your mum.

--------------------
Paul Suchy

Michael Lattavo
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2017 08:23 AM      Profile for Michael Lattavo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very sorry to hear of your loss, my condolences to you and your family.

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2017 07:36 PM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dearest Dominique I am sorry to hear of your loss. I am the sole caregiver of my 98 year old Mother and she is in the early stages of dementia which to me is like a very slow death. You have your memories of all the good times to draw upon. The pain will diminish in time but since everyone is different there is no telling how it will go. I am glad that you were there for her and we both know now why there is a Mother's Day. Mothers are very special. I hope she enjoyed your film collection with you at times. Feel free to PM me if you ever feel the need to. (,,,)BearHug(,,,)

--------------------
Movie Lovers Do It in the Dark

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2017 09:32 AM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So sorry to read that your mother has passed away.

Its always a great blow when you lose one of your parents
no matter at what age they or you are.

My sympathy to you and your family Dom.

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted January 18, 2017 12:13 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In addition to the sweet comments on this forum, I'm still receiving testimonies from people who lost their mum also. Reactions vary a lot from one person to another, although it is hard for most. Two days ago, I was told by a cine enthusiast that after 17 years of her death, he could still not watch home movies in which his mum was appearing. He had tears in his eyes saying that. Needless to say I could not watch home movies with my mum neither. There are activities and things that I completely stopped since a month and other I am keeping on, probably thing I used to to younger. Film is among what I still care for. I often said that I would put some order in my material and films "one day". Well, time is flying and "one day" may mean "never" as it is never the good time. I decided to spend some time and to focus on that at the moment. Respooling and cleaning films is what I have been doing mainly recently, though I watched some films, too. For obvious reasons, I'm not in the mood to post "reviews" in the relevant sections. I keep on reading the forum and I keep some "good news" (like the return of the Ektachrome) in a piece of my mind for when (or if ?) "I will be able to appreciate it". I know I already thank those who kindly posted supporting words here but I want to to do it again.

--------------------
Dominique

Douglas Warren
Master Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2017 12:52 PM      Profile for Douglas Warren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My condolences regarding your loss Dom. I lost my parents many years ago (Mom i 1991, Dad in 1993.)As long as you have your memories of her, she will always be with you in your heart.

--------------------
Turn out the lights,the movie is starting!

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2017 03:16 PM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dominique I can relate to what you say here about the Home Movies.

Both my parents have passed away too.
My mother in 2001 aged 69 and my father in 2004 aged 72.
I have some Super 8mm footage of them but have not yet watched it
again.
I am now 63 myself so I had better do it soon I think.

Take care.

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

Ali Hipperson
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2017 03:49 AM      Profile for Ali Hipperson   Email Ali Hipperson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Dominique - my sincere condolences at your sad loss and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this very difficult time.

I haven't been contributing to the forum over the last number of weeks as I am the main carer for my own mum (who has reached the grand old age of 89) and I am in the process of moving accommodation so that I can be closer to her and provide her with the increasing amount of support she now needs.

Reading all the timely and touching posts regarding the loss of your mother - I realise how lucky I am to still have both my parents alive when almost everyone I know has already lost at least one, if not both, of their parents.

I sincerely hope the pain you feel now eases in time Dom and in the meantime please accept whatever support you need to help you through this most difficult of times.

God Bless.

Ali.

--------------------
We're going to need a bigger shelf!

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC