8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » I'm On Television Regarding Hurricane Irma - Video Link

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm On Television Regarding Hurricane Irma - Video Link
Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 06, 2017 08:08 PM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone please say a prayer for this fellow film collector and my Mother after you watch the News Video. Thanks in advance!

I reached out to the media yesterday and had a news crew here earlier today. Here is the video:
http://abcnews4.com/news/local/challenges-for-elderly-evacuees-those-with-disabilities

Joe Balitzki

--------------------
Movie Lovers Do It in the Dark

|  IP: Logged

Greg Perry
Film Handler

- posted September 06, 2017 09:59 PM      Profile for Greg Perry   Email Greg Perry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Joe,
Great job in advocating for some additional support for those with special needs in this hurricane situation! I hope the local officials/Red Cross will respond and provide you with some good options.
We have a son down in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and Hurricane Irma has the potential to really create havoc across the whole state of Florida and into Georgia and South Carolina as well. Our prayers are with you, your Mom, and all the rest of the folks down in the hurricane zone.

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 06, 2017 10:16 PM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are many in this area that are bedbound. All our lives we have helped others and I don't want this to happen again to myself or others. We both were volunteers for Red Cross Disaster Services in New Jersey and participated in Mock Disaster Drills at Newark Airport in NJ. We also were on call if a family was homeless due to a fire etc. I spoke to the State last year and let them have it because of their lack of poor planning for the invalid residents of the region. Being disabled myself and with just about all the family on both sides deceased, I reached out to the local television stations and fortunately one responded. I just wanted to shine a spotlight on this issue as it affects many others besides us. Thank you for the kind words; it warms my heart.

--------------------

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 06, 2017 11:56 PM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great job with the interview Joe, I hope everything works out for you.

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2017 03:23 AM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to let you know that we are thinking about you both on our side of the Atlantic, too!

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 07, 2017 03:25 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Well said Melvin. [Smile]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 07, 2017 11:11 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best wishes to you and you're mother.

[Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted September 07, 2017 01:40 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So glad you are speaking out about your situation and for the others potentially needing the same care facilities for there families and loved ones. Let's hope your message gets across to the proper people and that proper accommodations can be anticipated.

All the best Joe [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

William Davis
Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2017 02:45 PM      Profile for William Davis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Joe,

Just want you to know that both you and your Mom are in my thoughts and prayers.

Bill Davis

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2017 09:08 PM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My story has been shared with the FOX Television station here. As of this writing its prominently displayed on their website. The introduction has a different News Anchor in the video. I have been contacted by state officials and arrangements are in the works for us and hopefully others. I will update the thread as I have more information to share. I am glad something is being done as this situation is causing me financial hardship which limits my options even further. I believe we will all be told within the next 48 hours that its Mandatory that residents must evacuate the area based on the conversation I have had earlier today with the state.
http://foxcharleston.com/news/

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC