8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Classic Weekend

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Classic Weekend
Clive Casey
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 26, 2019 03:05 AM      Profile for Clive Casey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are there many Forum Members going to the film weekend at Classic Home Cinema, Cleethorpes next weekend.
Lets hope it is well supported.
Regards to all, Clive

|  IP: Logged

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 26, 2019 12:00 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately Clive ( and Phil if you are reading this) I won't be attending this year. Normally, I pop over the Humber Bridge to the South Bank for the weekend sale,as CHC is only around 25 miles from me, but this year clashes with a major family event.
I wish everyone well and hope it is a bumper event for Phil to enjoy after his recent health problem.

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Clive Casey
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 26, 2019 12:30 PM      Profile for Clive Casey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats a shame Melvin, but family must come first.
Clive

David Watson
Film Handler

- posted July 26, 2019 01:02 PM      Profile for David Watson   Email David Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I will be going to the Classic sale week-end, this time I am able to go
for the whole week-end so I have booked into a B&B not too far from the shop or the sea front hope to see plenty of fellow collectors there.
Looking forward to it always worth while making the trip.
If you are free try and come.

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2019 02:40 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will be there, I am also staying locally for the weekend.

Clive Casey
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2019 06:03 AM      Profile for Clive Casey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is good news, I am also staying in a B&B for the weekend so I will look forward to meeting everyone.
Clive

Phil Slater
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 31, 2019 12:00 PM      Profile for Phil Slater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be there for the weekend. Not long to go now.

David Watson
Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2019 01:56 PM      Profile for David Watson   Email David Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just got back from my 3 day weekend in Cleethorpes,attending Classic Home cinema's summer weekend sale, Started Friday morning with plenty of collectors turning up, including several as usual fellow collectors from Norway and others from various parts of the UK, found many good films in both 16mm and super 8 some of which you would never find any where else but Classic.Friday night saw about 16 of us on the Pier for the excellent fish supper, then in the bar for drinks and lots of chat
On Saturday back to the shop for more film hunting and banter with like minded people, then for many, the highlight of the weekend the Chinese meal at Phil and Denise Sheard,s lovely home. As it was good weather this was held al-fresco in their back garden and a great meal it was, with plenty of drinks. After this an Entertaining and lively quiz was held creating plenty of fun and laughter. With dusk approaching the film show started like the meal, shown in the garden presented as usual by well known collector Dave Locke showing all manner of interesting vintage films, musical items and several great cartoons. In all respects a really great night shared with many great characters. I would like to finish By thanking both Phil and Denise for all their efforts this weekend and for all their generosity and hospitality.

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2019 03:26 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I second David's round up of the weekend. I also found a few films (I have now completed my Calamity Jane Trio, trailer, promo and full feature) including some great 8mm and 16mm cartoons. Phil looks better even than before the stroke, I believe they have now found what caused it and he is getting the correct treatment, so best wishes to him and Denise.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted August 04, 2019 05:43 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I unfortunately had to miss what was clearly an exceptional Saturday evening, but it was well worth making the trip from London, despite my noon Saturday departure. My haul of films was largely top quality animated shorts that you would rarely see offered anywhere. It was also extraordinary to see brand new and still sealed prints of 'Snow White', 'The Little Mermaid' and (I think) 'The Lady and the Tramp'!

It was also pleasing to see Phil looking so well, in view of what he has been through, so hopefully things are looking up.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 05, 2019 11:56 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sadly I didn't attend, which, as many I guess, I regret. Clive kindly sent me his pictures to post here with his comments.

-

A group of enthusiasts outside Classic Home Cinema shop.

-

The Saturday evening meal.

-

Mine hosts

-

The winner of the quiz with his prize.

-

An evening watching some films outside.

Two more pictures to follow [Big Grin]

--------------------
Dominique

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted August 05, 2019 12:15 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great to see Phil looking so well and happy! [Smile]
What's that Pullman coach next door?

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 05, 2019 12:22 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed, Paul. I'm also personnaly happy to see familiar faces.
The two last pictures Clive sent me.

-

Our projectionist for the evening.

-

The End of a wonderful weekend.

--------------------
Dominique

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2019 12:43 PM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
great pictures .thanks for posting. i know most, if not all will be at blackpool. credit to the guys from norway and all others who traveled a distance to be there...

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2019 01:34 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent pictures, thanks. Can anyone remember some titles that were projected.

Graham S

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2019 03:46 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Pullman "coach" is a garden shed, I believe the stock for Phil's G Gauge railway is kept there as the garden railway is by it.

As for titles, Red Hot Riding Hood, a Mae West musical numbers compilation, a B&W Mickey Mouse and a Bugs Bunny (The title was something like Hollywood Bunny) the story of his career told by him at his poolside.The others I forget the titles.

Philip Sheard
Junior

- posted August 06, 2019 07:48 AM      Profile for Philip Sheard   Author's Homepage   Email Philip Sheard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you all for your positive comments and for your company at our sale weekend. We really enjoyed it and we have a lot of attendees contacting us now wanting this and that , that they forgot to buy at the event. The sale does go on throughout August |Phil S [Smile]

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 15, 2019 10:39 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few more pictures from the weekend.
 -
 -
 -
And a couple of someone (not from the event) who didn't notice the sign about not driving onto the beach.
 -

-

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC