• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Douglas Meltzer View Post
    I would have been going crazy.
    I'm already permanently crazy, that helps 😉

Comment

Brilliant photos Dom. Thanks very much. Wish I had been there, I would have bought that Pathe Marignan too! How much did it go for?

Comment

For less than £50, I'm not sure if it was £30, £35 or £40 (there were several items sold, so...) but it was around that.

Comment

Wow that is low. If that had been listed on eBay it might have fetched ten times that price.

Comment

The happy buyer is a member of this forum, he may post the acurate price if he wants to do so. The shipping cost for the projector, the amplifier and the speaker would probably have been high, so, once again, film fairs are the best place to go if you want bargains. You're also able to see what you're buying and most of the time, the sellers are well known and reputable.

Comment

Very true Dom.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	20211026_230656.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	159.0 KB
ID:	45466

Nice to see such a varied selection of items. We had one Duplex film that went quickly probably the smallest format there and all the gauges up to 35mm which was a joy to see.
              Val and Captain started sanitising the tables and chairs at around 8.30am helping the committee set the tables out which I think totaled 28 in the end.
              The hall was a great venue very airy and Rickmansworth itself reminded me of Wimborne a good location for the mini fest of old.

Comment

No need to remind me of the benefits of attending these film fairs Dom. I nearly always made it to the 9.5 events at Harpenden and it was great to see you there every time. However my wife is suffering terminal cancer at this time so my hobbies have had to take a ‘back burner’
                So Lee, were you the lucky bidder that won the Marignan?
                Last edited by Terry Sills; October 27, 2021, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Terry,

I'm so sorry to hear about your wife's illness. Please know that you both are in the hearts and prayers of everyone on this Forum.

Comment

That’s very kind of you Doug, thank you.

Comment

I'm so sad hear what's happening to your wife, Terry.

Comment

Yes it is sad and thank you Dom. She is a wonderful and clean living person. It should be me not her. Life is so unfair.

Comment

The Pathe Marignan sold for £45. The lot consisted of the projector, transformer, amplifier, speaker, microphone, test film, instructions, spare valves. The seller said that the sound worked a couple of years ago, but when he tested it two weeks ago the projector projected the film perfectly but he was unable to get the sound to work.

Comment

Thinking of you both dear Terry and much love from us here.

I only saw the projector enter the door but as I had 15 or so 9-5 projectors on sale also a couple of sound machines we were a bit preoccupied. Hope it found a good home anyway.

Comment

Very sorry to hear your sad news Terry, so much of it about these days. Have noticed you live in Weymouth. Have just returned from a weeks family holiday renting a cottage at Nottington. Visited Weymouth, Monkey World, the Sea Life Centre,and the Tank museum, with Grandchildren. The latter was a return visit having visited it many years ago on family holidays. Thanks also for all the photos posted fellows, Nice to see that some of the "Usual suspects" made it to the Get Together. Seeing the Marignan was quite a surprise. Not many of these were sold in the U.K. because of the cost. I believe it was the first stripe sound projector to be produced on the narrow gages. Ken Finch.

Comment

Working...
                              X