• Show
Clear All

Btw: the ordering page
    Attention : produit en rupture de stock zz0.isx48n9abyizz

Comment

Originally posted by Joerg Polzfusz View Post
      Btw: the ordering page
      Attention : produit en rupture de stock zz0.isx48n9abyizz
      This is logic, given the delay. I'm still hoping to get good news from Dino, so I can pass them to Boualem.

Comment

I just wish I would be given a real update. Twice was told it would be taken care of tomorrow and that was in April. Now no reply, even via text...

Comment

I finally heard back from Kodak today which is too high for me, but might be possible for the other company. It looks like you would just have to spend more than 10 thousand at a time and the cost would only be 10% more than the general cost...Dominique if you want to put anyone in touch with me feel free.

Afternoon Dino.

Just to update you, but here is the latest regarding your request for Unperforated film stock from Kodak Rochester for use at USC Archival Dept.

‘Unperforated film stock in 35mm format is challenging , as we don’t have a way to spool on customer cores w/o perforating in that format.”

If we were able to it would require a min order of >$10K and the sales price would be ~+10% vs currently stocked items – this would be $10K per film type too, so if customer wants both white leader and Ektachrome, they would need to spend $20K.’

Dino, still checking, but wanted to get your feel as to quantity you may need and cost.

Have a nice weekend Dino!

Mike

Comment

Thanks, Dino. I will pass that update on, hoping this can help improving things.

Comment

Originally posted by Dino Everett View Post
              Unperforated film stock in 35mm format is challenging, as we don’t have a way to spool on customer cores w/o perforating in that format.”
              How pathetic is that? No way to wind 35-mm. strips onto cores? Good night, Kodak.

Comment

Typical Kodak. They are not at all interested in reviving 9.5mm. I think they have never forgiven Pathe for getting 9.5 on the market in Europe before 16mm. I wonder if Fuji would be more obliging? Although by now I expect most other companies who used to pr.oduce Film have got rid of the requisite equipment and gone digital.

Comment

Do you think that there really is anyone left with Kodak who​d know history? George Eastman met with Charles Pathé in person in 1919. They agreed on safety-base stocks for the home movie business. Pathé named his project in English, Pathé-Baby, Eastman in turn used the French Ciné, Ciné-Kodak (EKC continued with it until the end of 1947).

I take it that Eastman wasn​t aggrieved at Pathé. The 16-mm. system was a huge success in America, it could conquer Europe in the second half of the thirties. Ninefive was cornered also by Double-Eight. Although Kodachrome was made available as 9,5 in 1951 the format found itself already declining. Only dyed-in-the-wool afficionados continued to use 9,5 as long as possible.

I have dismantled a number of 9,5-mm. film cameras and projectors, brands such as Miller, Beaulieu, Riber, Paillard-Bolex or Pathé. European manufacturers made themselves dependent on concepts as well as even the very material from the Bell & Howell Co. or the Eastman-Kodak Co. Rochester had no cause to envy Pathé. Threats came from Agfa via Agfa-Ansco and Du Pont. Today​s Kodak pacted with Agfa-Gevaert for everything EPMINC sold but that​s over now. Du Pont had put thin-base films on the market in 1950. The industry didn​t want that.

One of the problems Kodak struggles with is a common one worldwide: automation. The past 60 years have destroyed a lot about work pride. To become as agile and flexible again as EKC was before WWII it seems to take that management grasps that man does everything, not machines.

Comment

Working...
                  X