Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9.5 filmstock: Where to find it

Hello to all.

I'm Alberto, spanish filmmaker based in Barcelona. This is my first post here as I've just discovered the forum. I'm currently looking for some fresh 9'5mm film, as I have an old Pathé Baby Royal that my grandfather bought long time ago and would like to film a documentary with it. I'm really excited with the project so any kind of help will be useful.

I've read in this forum about a festival in Catalunya that gathers a yearly 9'5 meeting and I've planned to go there and ask.

I'd prefer fresh film as I guess the results could be better, but I don't refuse to film with expired film if it's in good conditions.

I really hope someone can help me as it's a very important project to me.

Thank you in advance

Welcome to this forum, Alberto ! I hope to see you at the Calella meeting. Do you read French ? I can send you an article I wrote for the French magazine about 9.5 filmstock. Do you have the contacts of the Spanish 9.5 club ? If not, I can send you two e-mails.

Comment

Hi Dominique! I'm not really fluent in French, but I'd be happy to read you article. Besides, I'd be gratefull if you can send me the Spanish Club e-mails' so I can get in touch with them.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

I've just sent you a private message (hope it worked, it's different from the old forum) with my e-mail address.

Comment

Did you get my message, Alberto ?

Comment

Just the other day . . .
            https://cinematography.com/index.php...comment=524351

Comment

Thanks, Simon. Interesting but if I understand well that would be, if it happens, black and white negative stock, so pointless for the large majority of the ninefivers (such stock is already available by the way). I noticed that you mentionned the Ciné Club 9,5 de France. Take in mind that their machines that reperfor films to 9.5 are no longer at the lab and, so far, I couldn't get a clear answer if those machines could be used in their new premises or not (the reason is that they are not, yet, displayed anywhere). Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Comment

Great news : 9.5 reversal colour stock is back ! The project started several months ago but I prefered, this time, not spread the information before it was achived. As expected, it's not cheap, but I'm sure everybody understands it's a niche market.

Pellicule 9.5mm + Développement (colorfilmsarchives.com)

Click image for larger version

Name:	pellicule-95mm-developpement.jpg
Views:	670
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	43283

Comment

Fantastic I shall contact members of our 9-5 Northern Group and spread the great news.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Mannering View Post
                    Fantastic I shall contact members of our 9-5 Northern Group and spread the great news.
                    Thanks, Lee !

Comment

I am afraid it is far too expensive for me to be able to use it. In addition to the cost there will be custom duties etc. to pay now. Ken Finch

Comment

Thanks for your comment, Ken. I got by e-mail (from the French Club), two different, a little bit lower, prices (for 30 m and 3x8 m filmstock) than the ones displayed until tonight. I've just checked and it seems that two of the three prices changed, still expensive, but less. The prices received by e-mail are not the prices displayed today so that may change again (I'm waiting for a confirmation of the final prices). There is no doubt it's not cheap but nobody expected new 9.5 filmstock + process for € 10 so, unfortunately the prices reflects the niche situation. Look at this news as a miracle : 9.5 is not dead and will be able to celebrate his 100 th anniversary next year

Comment

Just for information. 50ft of Super 8 100D including processing and postal return works out about £90 at the moment and that's 15mtr. (105 EURO)
                          I may be shooting more 9-5 next year than 8!
                          Actually was planning to film with some outdated stock for the 100th Anniversary but now can do a REEL job with some fresh film.

Comment

For your 100th Anniversary Home Movie or Short Independent Film on 9.5mm.
                            Yes 9.5mm New film Stock is Alive, this was mentioned in Group 9.5mm Uk Magazine 2022,
                            that Color Film Archives of FRANCE, is reperforating 16mm into 9.5mm from NEW Kodak Ektachrome stock, Processing Included.

https://colorfilmsarchives.com/14-boutique?page=2

Comment

Hello,

has anyone from the board successfully ordered there?

I was going to order some film.
                              After going to the basket / checkout I landed on a page showing the PayPal logos,
                              advertising secure payment and requesting my credit card data.

But looking to the address line of my browser I can clearly see:
                              its NOT PayPal where I am!

It seems to be a page of the shop system “simulating” a PayPal page ?!

This is very strange, I have never seen this before.
                              Is this a scam?
                              Was the shop page hijacked and altered?

Anyone has some experience with ordering there?

Kind regards,
                              Jack

Comment

Working...
                              X