Looking for WINGS (1927)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Oliver.

If you also collect 16mm, then that might be worth a try too - good luck!

Ali.

Comment

It's a great film.

I have a Super-8 print from an Unknown Distributor. It's on 8-400' reels, and has a blank mag-stripe. Quality is very good with original titles. I've seen Reg-8 prints floating around from time to time, but never another Super-8 full length copy. Wish I knew more about its source...

Comment

I finally projected the digest again (it's like Doug described it). My film has not the original box, at least, I know now who released that short version.

Comment

Did You watch the BluRay? It’s of awesome quality. It looks like the negative has never been used before. Someday my print will come... Regards, Oliver

Comment

No, I just watched this digest. I have still to see the feature.

Comment

Only have the little 200ft which is nice keepsake. Mag striped it in the 80s adding a music track, worth having as a starter.

Comment

Rob is right! I had a standard 8mm print of this as well, but sold it and it was in very old plain white boxes ... turned brown.

Comment

For film companies to sell or "push" certain titles, a name would be instrumental....for WINGS, though small in stature, Coop was heralded up there so more prints would sell...Milestone was a distributor...Bouchard too...often wondered how these outfits managed to obtain rights for 8mm production...amazing, Shorty

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Caruso View Post
                    often wondered how these outfits managed to obtain rights for 8mm production...amazing, Shorty
                    Some did not. Case in point, Thunderbird Films

Comment

T-bird released alot of 8mm subjects, not WINGS, but much more

Comment

Milestone was "legal" Their prints,mainly Paramount productions were of fine quality. They also had a connection with William K. Everson as a number of the films came from his collection. Enrique Bouchard, who is still alive and kicking on facebook, was in Argentina and had a vast collection of rarities not found anywhere else (I can't say they were "legal" !!!!) including "Greed" and most of the, then unavailable, Buster Keaton features. He sold the films without reels,tightly wounded,wrapped in thick black plastic, as "negatives". I bought quite a number from him,in the "good old days".

Comment

Ich habe mein propleme mit der übersetzen der datei. sorry
                          vor 6 monate kaufte ich untenstehenden film .der verkäufer hat noch viel
                          viel mehr raritäden
                          unter anderem auch wings in voller länge vieleicht lohnt es sich nachzufragen

theresareesa123(1
                          Artikel)Bestellung Mr. Hulot es Holiday - Super 8 Sound Film 1953 - Jacques Tati, Nathalie PascaudDetails zum Kauf aufrufen

Mr. Hulot es Holiday-Super 8 Ton Film 1953-Jacques Tati, Nathalie PASCAUD

Comment

Oh, great News!
                            Thank You, Roland!
                            I will try.

Comment

es war nr143622985907

Comment

Roland
                                I asked the seller.
                                But I wasn’t successful.
                                Thank You anyway.
                                Beste Grüße