No announcement yet.

Halloween WTB (how rare is it on S8?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I'm on the hunt for this feature film, I thought I'd ask: How many John Carpenter features ended up being made on Super 8?

Comment

Lincoln,

Dark Star - digest & feature (Iver Film Services, Derann)
      Assault On Precinct 13 - 600' digest (PM Films, later Derann using the same negative)
      Halloween - feature (Derann)
      Elvis - 400' digest (Derann), 3x400' digest (UFA)
      The Fog - 600' digest & feature (Derann)

Comment

Roughly
        Dark Star
        The Fog
        Big Trouble in Little China

Comment

Thanks everyone! That's a pretty decent list from his filmography, although I have to say I would have loved to seen Prince of Darkness on 8mm. I feel like that movie would lend itself well to the Super 8 format.

Comment

Not to stray to far off topic but since Doug mentioned it I had a chance at one point to screen the 600’ Assault on Precinct 13 and remember it being really good. I don’t think I have ever seen the super 8 Halloween feature for sale and if so it went fast.

Comment

Big Trouble in Little China? On super 8mm? How did I not know about this?

Comment

There was a Spanish Full-Feature release of Assault on Precinct 13. Printed on Fuji stock, Flat presentation but not pan and scan so you do lose picture on the sides of the frame. I re-recorded it with English Mono Dolby Digital. Still makes for an entertaining screening.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Phelps View Post
                  Not to stray to far off topic but since Doug mentioned it I had a chance at one point to screen the 600’ Assault on Precinct 13 and remember it being really good. I don’t think I have ever seen the super 8 Halloween feature for sale and if so it went fast.
                  The only complaint I ever heard about that cut-down was that it omitted the Police action at the start that sparked off the assault.

Comment

I know Halloween is still a little ways to go (even though I'm already getting myself into fall mode!), but if anyone watches their Halloween S8 feature during the fall season, I would love to see some pictures of your print!

Comment

Lincoln, consider it done.

Comment

Halloween, in Scope super 8

Comment

Originally posted by Burton Sundquist View Post
                          Halloween, in Scope super 8
                          Thanks Burton! You’re the MVP!

Comment

Just wanted to bump this. Still wanting to purchase a copy of Halloween for S8 if anyone ever decides to part with their copy.

Comment

Halloween Scope which I did the Derann customer review for back in el day is a great movie and very much worth searching for. I still have the first ANSWER print Derek sent me to review and a very special film.
                              By today's 2021 standard print quality it is a bit soft and the new prints we are seeing are of such high quality but still worth seeking out the old ones.

Perhaps one day we will see a new feature of this which I would like to order and retire my own vintage Derann print to the memory bank home archive.

Comment

Lincoln, some shots of Halloween, with a lesser quality smartphone.

Comment

Working...
                                X