No announcement yet.

Halloween WTB (how rare is it on S8?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! Thanks for the pictures. It’s still really cool to see Halloween! I wish my 16mm copy wasn’t so red (even though I still love watching it)!

can’t wait til I find myself a Derann copy.

Comment

Burton
      Stunning pictures! Thank You.
      Makes me even more wanting this feature on Super-8.

Comment

Getting back to the scarcity, I only see this pop up once a year at best, and sometimes, not even that often. People must really love this film. I prefer my Carpenter film, "The Fog"!

Comment

Originally posted by Osi Osgood View Post
          Getting back to the scarcity, I only see this pop up once a year at best, and sometimes, not even that often. People must really love this film. I prefer my Carpenter film, "The Fog"!
          I’m fortunate enough to have both on 16mm but I realize that I really just want to focus on collecting S8 more than 16. So, if I can find those copies, I’d be more inclined to find the ones I own on 16 a new home for someone!

Comment

I can add that I once asked Derek if he might consider releasing 'Halloween Resurrection' (which I liked and has a fairly short running time) on Super 8, but he said he couldn't consider it in view of the disappointing sales of 'Halloween', so I'm sure it's as rare as it appears to be! However, there's something else that fans can look out for on Super 8: the LA Films trailer release that has trailers of the first three films.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Winchester View Post
              I can add that I once asked Derek if he might consider releasing 'Halloween Resurrection' (which I liked and has a fairly short running time) on Super 8, but he said he couldn't consider it in view of the disappointing sales of 'Halloween', so I'm sure it's as rare as it appears to be! However, there's something else that fans can look out for on Super 8: the LA Films trailer release that has trailers of the first three films.
              That's a terrible shame it didn't sell well! I wish I had been involved with film collecting when a lot of these dealers like Derann were still open and you could buy from them! Very blessed we have people like Steve Osborne that we can purchase new prints from.

The search continues!

Comment

Thought I’d bring this back as I’m still on the look out for a Super 8 feature Print of HALLOWEEN.

Comment

Hope you will eventually find your " Halloween". Hey, it's only about four months till October, and that "Halloween" title tends to be on eBay during that Holiday. Lee, you mentioned that " Big Troubles in Little China" made it onto super 8? Who released it?

Comment

Hi Lincoln,
                    You recently missed one selling on eBay UK, probably within the last month!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HALLOWEEN-SCOPE-FEATURE-SUPER-8MM-COL-AND-SOUND-3X600FT-/284782239952?

To be honest I’ve owned two copies of Halloween Scope feature in the past and was never fully happy with the softness and low resolution the prints both inherently exhibited. I’ve never seen any evidence of a pin-sharp print being projected off Super 8 and for me Anamorphic prints absolutely need to be pin-sharp.
                    So just a reality check on the print definition, and good luck with your hunting.
                    Rick

Comment

At least, it will be low fade! You never know what you'll get on 16mm, and just because it's 16mm, doesn't guarantee that it will be pin sharp. A lot depends, of course, on source material. I have never personally seen the "Halloween" feature, but that "Fog" feature is perfectly acceptable. I only wish that "The Thing" ( John Carpenter ), had made it onto super 8, beyond a trailer. Sigh ...
                      Last edited by Osi Osgood; June 04, 2022, 06:56 AM.

Comment

A film print of THE THING would be quite special to own! Carpenter had quite the deep well of solid horror movies under his belt.

I do hope I will someday find a collector to sell me a copy of Halloween, but as always I shall wait patiently until then.

Comment

Just want to bring this back every so often to see if anyone is selling! Halloween on Super 8 is on my list still.

Comment

Whenever this happens. A long sought after print in great condition that fails to show up.

Invest in a video projector and do the DVD thing. True it's not the same and will never be. However, on the big screen - you've got a temporary sweet spot.

Comment

The 8mm feature had issues which depending how much you love the film would be something you would have to accept. I would recommend going for the Blu ray version rather than the DVD as they have shortcomings as well. Halloween has benefited substantially from the work done on it. Actually all the Carpenter films have been upgraded on Blu Ray in terms of print and sound.

Comment

Oh, I have most of his films of Blu Ray or 4K! I say it's just the collector in me that would love to own it on Super 8.

Comment

Working...
                                X