• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jurrasic Park for sale already?

I saw this on ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274990093...8AAOSwoqlhbUa2

Is someone bored with it already?
    Mines on the way, hopefully i will be viewing it very soon, cant wait

Considering all the great write ups its had, i wonder who it could be ????????

Comment

It's a top title thats for sure, mine wont be going anywhere once i get it, i am very surprised to see one being sold already.
      I know there has been a couple which had possible flaws from factory but this one looks fine.

Comment

Now just WHO could this seller be ??? Based in the " United Kingdom " right ?
        Now , how many Forum members are in the UK AND purchased this print from me ??
        You have 10 seconds to answer.....

Comment

me, but mines on the way, so it aint me, errrr, dunno

Comment

Quite a few were already sold previously, even a few mute prints, I believe. I don't see the sanity of buying no doubt one of the first new digest prints out there, and selling it off almost immediately, but it IS the persons choice. Once I can afford mine, well, it will be a permanent title in my collection!

Comment

CLUE :

This weekend a film show is going on near or in London and several of my prints are being screened . I have been informed , by a reliable source , that my digest are all the buzz .

Any help ??

Comment

My print will never leave my collection! See it projected at Blackpool (Saturday cinema) this year, by the way.

Comment

You see - there ya go ! Thank you Simon - I'll see you NEXT YEAR at Blackpool WITH a couple of NEW releases to PREMIERE in UK !

Comment

And my print will be in my collection for life. I've waited since 1994 when the feature was first released to get hold of a copy.

Just a thought, if this one, (or other new releases) crops up for sale this soon after release, would it then not have the reverse effect of trying to promote the brand new ones, in other words, a potential buyer of a new print will just hold back and wait for the sale of a second hand one. I know this title is not going to be available new after the end of the this year.
                    Last edited by Tom Photiou; October 23, 2021, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Well that wouldn't necessarily work, as, if people wait to see prints show up on eBay or elsewhere, there is no promise that you'll pay less than you would buying it new, and the more people hold off on purchases, the more likely that good folks like Dave, will have second thoughts about releasing new prints in the first place, if the sales don't take place, in the first place.

Comment

So osi, what your saying is that, if two identical copies were on table in front of you, one new and one used, one at the new price and one just under that price but still in excellent condition, you would still buy the new copy?, you don't think a second hand copy for less money is affecting the sale of a new copy even when its still available ?, really................

Comment

I'm pretty certain I'm through with buying used prints. Hope I'm using print correctly. So Jurassic Park, Bugsy Malone, Godzilla, Night of the Demon and even Hello Dolly. All must be new or I'll get a DVD.
                          Lets say film is dying almost dead. There's 3 more releases phases planned and thats it. Yes, I'd be better off buying used after each phase and saving some pennies. Nobody knew it was the end. Did my action help in the decline and death?
                          Lets say film is struggling. There's 3 more phases planned and I order 1 or even 3, wow there! Prints at each phase. There's still the used sales but I go new and possibly look forward to phase 4 and beyond. I wounder if Marvel would allow the release of the End Game finale. May stir new blood to the hobby. I wouldn't get that myself preferring the titles mentioned above.
                          I may have purchase Jurassic Park on ebay had I not know the origin and been a member here. Having said that, whoever does buy it may be new to the scene and we'll find next year them buying new! A loss leader. They may even sell that copy on here for £25. In which case I'd snap it up. I know a bargain when I see one. 😋

Comment

Ok. Take this film on sale now. If a second hand print was offered for 150 instead 300, the 150 print has a single factory splice and maybe there's a very thin black line to the far right. Im not paying an additional 150 to get it new, no il be happy saving 150. Most films have a blemish ot two these days. A perfect mint print is exceptional. If two of the mew releases were sold second hand, then you'd more or less have two for the price of one, its not rocket science, its common sense.
                            Last edited by Tom Photiou; October 24, 2021, 07:15 AM.

Comment

I would only buy the second hand print, if it's half price. If I am paying for brand new, I am buying it and paying that high price because I want new, not reasonably used, and I certainly wouldn't pay literally the same amount for a used print that is just using already existing screenshots that do not tell me a thing about the actual condition of the print being offered. Nearly every print offered on eBay, for instance, have screenshots first found on here!

Comment

Working...
                              X