No announcement yet.

Jurrasic Park for sale already?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’d buy it except I don’t like the movie. The dinosaurs are Great!! but wish they had ate Attenborough, those annoying vomit inducing kids, Goldblum Dern and ever cardboard Sam Neill.

Had the same feelings about War of the Worlds.

Comment

Thats fair enough, it isn't for everyone, have to say i feel the same way about those annoying two kids.
      I do like the film and if there hadn't been the sound stripe issues that dogged the feature release from Derann i would have bought the feature when it was first release, i think now the cost would prohibit the purchase. I dont mind paying for films but features costing in the regions of 700 to a grand or more is simply insane when we have blu ray and 4K to run along side our hobby.
      It'll be interesting to see what this one one ebay sells for.

Comment

Yes, it’s long term dislike of Spielberg sloppy stomach churning sentimentality . If Osi likes Spielberg like he does Eastwood this could be a long thread

The film condition is marked acceptable yet his screenshots look fine and he (I presume) couldn’t have the print too long. Maybe a case of impulse buy or Christmas is coming and hoping to get silly 😜 money.

Comment

I bought my copy from Dave, and it's not for sale.
          So, count me out.

Comment

or he/she could have more than one copy, perhaps bought a few much cheaper, possibly with a flaw, maybe a factory splice or two and is hoping to cash in on some profits. Nothing wrong with that if it is, im also happy to buy and sell for a little extra, it funds my purchases and also replaces worn or fading copies with much better ones.

Comment

Its someone called "keyboardtapper" i'm sure he's a member of one or the other forum, perhaps he doesn't ad to the threads very often and is a new member...........

Comment

AHHHH ! The plot thickens......

Comment

Lives in UK, like James Bond see avatar and doesn’t like Steve the Horse cartoon Blu Ray. Elementary my dear Watson.

Comment

I’m surprised that no one has put a name to the seller. It’s so obvious , I knew immediately , so many clues, not saying who it is though as it might be embarrassing for him. Anyway ,no big deal, maybe he has a better print in his collection . Who knows it might make more than the price of a new print.
                    John

Comment

No matter who it is, they bought it, they paid for it, they can put it on eBay. As John said, no big deal.

Comment

Wow I thought the entire cast in "Jurassic Park" were really good, I guess everyone has there own opinions of the film, but lets be fair here to the kids in the movie, here in the forum is the first time "ever" I have heard "moans" about the cast. Anyway thanks to a fellow forum member, I have watched the Super 8 600 footer and think its great. I would buy a copy myself, but would like to remain happily married so can't .

PS. Cant wait for the latest cinema release next year that have Sam Neill, the one and only Jeff Goldblum and Laura Dern in it.

By the way has anyone here watched JP2, JP3?, plus the Jurassic World films?

Comment

Yes , seen them all and ( yawn ) just a rehash of the original and was surprised they waited 20 years to bring it back , but it flubbed anyway .

Comment

Hey Mike! Did you know that ten percent of all box office dollars in the 1980's, were made by Speilberg, whether he produced, directed, or both? I know that there are a lot of people that sneer at Speilberg films, but he really was quite good, though it has been some years since he has made a great film ...... and yes, Eastwood rules! He could be in a wheel chair, waving his 45, and proclaiming, " I need someone to change my diapers, and none of that Huggies s**t ", and I'd still watch him!! Nyeah nyeah!

Comment

Doug, im not saying its a big deal. I do know who it is, but it got some replies and probably some good press for the seller. All im saying is that im surprised to see one for sale as it doesnt say wether it has any faults, but is only marked as acceptable. It actually looks a very good print,much better than acceptable but maybe there is a reason its marked as such. If i list a film as acceptable as opposed to good or very good its because it has lines, fade or other issues. Personaly, i couldnt give a monkeys, just thought id mention it for a little debate among the collector.
                              not too sure why John thinks it could be embarassing for him?? The film for sale looks fine so why could it be embarassing?
                              Last edited by Tom Photiou; October 25, 2021, 03:39 AM.

Comment

Might just be me but I felt the more recent Jurassic World films just felt so odd.

And unengaging, how do you manage that with Dinosaurs !!!

JP 2 and 3 were OK, and fantastic compared to the newer ones, but there is something about the original.

Hoping to get the digest soon if possible David.

Best Mark.

Comment

Working...
                                X