Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'FILM' A celebration of Super 8 and cinema filmed on S8 negative due for S8 release.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'FILM' A celebration of Super 8 and cinema filmed on S8 negative due for S8 release.

Although I've been a continuous 8mm film maker for 50 years or so I'm pleased to report my latest effort is back from processing and I have just finished editing the sound track for it.

I filmed 'FILM' on super 8mm negative film stock, very much a first for me and a bit of a learning curve although my Leicina Special super 8 camera kept me on the right track.

Its a super 8 film made ready for S8 printing being filmed on negative stock and about 2:30 minutes long snappily edited to music to celebrate Super 8 and cinema. I feel it will make quite a nice opener for a super 8 home show and includes a little surprise at the end. With a running time of that duration it will be affordable and you can expect another for other film gauges in the future.

Thank you to those of you who have sent messages of encouragement and asking when it will be available which I will update as soon as I know.
    For now it is complete and ready to go.

Lee, itโ€™s amazing what you are doing in your corner of Lancashire to keep the Super 8 flag flying!

Comment

Count me in Lee. Very interested in getting a copy

Comment

Lee, I wish to be sure I'm on the customer's list ! How many copies will you release ?

Comment

I'm very interested in this.

Did you go through a digital intermediary while putting this together? I'm fascinated with how the workflow of a modern 8mm release works.

Comment

This is very exciting, Lee. I can't wait to see it!

Comment

-could be an opener at CineSea!

Comment

Excited to see this come together, looking forward to news on availability/how to order

Comment

Thank you all

I'm hoping distribution will be thru Reel Image our guiding light with all things Super 8mm.
                  I have offered to do the Stereo sound dubbing here myself to lesson the load for SO and more than happy to help. One reely good thing about it is being 50ft it will be affordable to just about any Super 8 collector, a brand new film and a nice little celebration of it.

I'll keep you all posted and thank you for the kind messages and emails.

Comment

Lee - in view of your groundbreaking approach to this, I was also very interested by Andrew's "digital intermediary" question, so wondered if it was essential and straightforward for you to produce a digital positive, in order to produce an edit that you could then cut the print to match? I'm guessing that looking at a negative on a Super 8 editor would be problematic!

Comment

As I await your reply to Adrian, I would like a copy of your film too Lee!

Comment

I'm pretty certain SO will handle the prints as he is so dedicated to S8 releases. My goodness he reminds me so much of dear Derek Simmonds God bless him.

Ade. I scanned the negative at 2K to view in positive solely for the purpose of checking the film and also linking up the digital stereo audio in Adobe Prem which I use for work. When it comes to printing that will be down to the lab grading it so we have to be a little bit patient but it will come.

Comment

I'm still looking for someone to distribute this 50ftr so if anyone is interesting in loaning my negative to produce prints you will be welcome. I'm happy to record the stereo sound tracks for you at zero cost. PM me.

Here is a over scan frame grab from the camera negative.

Click image for larger version

Name:	filmLM.png
Views:	664
Size:	398.0 KB
ID:	12742

Comment

I've posted a DVD sampler over to SO as he was having a problem viewing in the USA. I know a number caught the preview upload to view on the net and thank you for the feedback we received. Will post more news probably in a week or so. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Comment

Count me in, Shorty

Comment

Working...
                              X