Jurrasic Park for sale!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jurrasic Park for sale!

I saw a very slightly used 600ft stereo Jurrasic Park for sale on eBay! I mean, orders are still being taken for this brand new release! What's the point of just buying this and just immediately Selling it!? If nobody puts up a link for it before tonight, I'll put one up tomorrow.
    Last edited by Osi Osgood; December 03, 2020, 04:00 PM.

I saw that myself, described as a German import. I wonder what price it will go up to? The five bids up to now give $133.50 (£98.90).

Comment

Watch the price soar!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JURASSIC-...QAAOSwjkhfwRM-

Maurice

Comment

The seller states there is a splice at 3 minutes and light lines. Sounds like this has been run through a poorly kept projector considering the age of this print. Maybe the seller wants to get rid of this and replace with another pristine print.

Graham S

Comment

Obviously hoping someone/people think its a one off rarity etc and the price goes well above the value.

And agree scratches etc already !!!

I`ve bought films off peope who bought them new, that were covered.

And you think each time they watched it they must have seen more and more there !!!

When I see Cinerex`s, Copal`s and similar ones pop up with the oversell on brigage I want to message them and say, " please put it in the bin or recycling " !!!

Best Mark.
          Last edited by Mark Todd; December 04, 2020, 03:47 AM.

Comment

Likewise was alarmed to see a brand new film had already been physically damaged and now has splices and scratched. Such a shame.
            I do wish they would put sharper pictures up as if you look hard enough you can see a row of scratches gathered together in the right hand quarter.
            Save up and order yourself a new print its worth it.

Comment

Looks like the seller may be a forum member. Maybe he will comment?

Comment

I seem to remember seeing that cover, but I can't remember who posted it, or is this the cover illustration for its "general release"?

Comment

Boy, that is strange! I got to see a "debut screening" of this and CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF, courtesy of Dave Baker, at Steve Osborne's place in October. Wouldn't have expected a used copy to be offered already. If you've ordered one and haven't got yours yet...well, let's just say you're in for a treat. It manages to distill the story down to just under a half hour brilliantly.

Comment

Reading this new release has a splice in it already did send a shiver down my spine. Splices and lines. That's why I got out of film collecting for nearly a decade. I had a feature version of Sound of music that my (immaculately kept) GS1200 decided to stick a great big line through. I didn't understand about the green plastic bits back then. After that I spent more time watching for lines than I did watching the film. So I went digital but it wasn't the same of course so I went back full swing into the hobby. I love film! And Jurassic Park does look really fantastic - is the print as sharp as it looks?

Comment

It's up to 140 now. I really don't want to pour water on a good thing, (new releases), but film is like a new car, it loses a good deal ofvalue once it's "driven off the lot", and, unless it's Star Wars, it tends to lose money. Though I do like to hear about new releases, I am also realistic about that it all .... Then again, if I had a rediculously large bunch of cash to blow, I no doubt really wouldn't care losing money on new releases.
                      ​​​​​

Comment

It is Ryan. I've been collecting and filming on 8mm for 5 decades and this is a well edited a beautiful release.
                        Above all it's a great shame to hear of a damaged new film print.
                        As the years pass these signature prints become more collectable as history has already recorded.

Typically with fleabay sorry ebay people will pay silly money for even a damaged item.

New prints are available with details on here.

Comment

Thanks Lee, will check it out. It’s great that any film makes it to 8mm release these days and should be applauded. This might well be the Christmas present I promised myself!

Comment

I think the seller might make someone very happy who is no member of the forum and never knew the JP-cutdown existed.

Comment

Sold for US $385 (23 bids).
                              A brand new print would have been cheaper.

Maurice

Comment

Working...
                              X