Beaulieu 708EL reels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beaulieu 708EL reels

I will now make large reels for the Beaulieu 708EL.

I did some measurements on this projector and I think the reel diameter should be around 400mm.

Has anyone some requirements on these reels? E.g. diameter required?

Attached Files

Edwin
    My Beaulieu spools are 38cm in diameter.
    My Fumeo spools are 41cm.
    Beulieu spools will also fit on the Fumeo, but the Fumeo spools are too wide to fit on the Beaulieu.

Comment

Based on this, I would say, let's make the diameter 40 cm. That is the biggest size that will fit The Beaulieu and the Fumeo.

Comment

The center hole should not be made of metal. The reelholder of most of the Beaulieus last best when the center holes of the reels are made of plastic.

Comment

700m 2300 feet is the largest reel that what I need

Comment

Edwin
            If your spools will be bigger than the current Beulieu spools they will not fit in existing cans.
            I suggest you keep to 38cm and, if thought necessary, reduce the size of the core to hold more film.

Comment

I have made my own Reels about 30 Years ago.
              They have a Diameter of 42cm. On this Reels I can Play Films with a running Time of 2h 6min with Soundtrack and 2h 15min without Soundtrack.

Comment

Thank you all for your comments.

My plan is now as follows:
                I will make 38 cm diameter reels with a small core (7cm diameter).
                - will work on both Beaulieu 708EL and Fumeo projectors
                - will fit in original beaulieu 708EL boxes
                - will contain 2300 feet of film (super 8 without sound)
                - strong plastic core, aluminium plates

When it is ready, I will post it.

Edwin van Eck - Van Eck Video Services.

Comment

The design is ready. Production started. Hope to have these next week online!
                  Several reel designs taken in consideration. For this big reel size, chosen the a 2 circle, 2 ellipse design (inspired by design of Erkan Umut.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Edwin
                    I am glad that you have chosen 38cm for the O/D.

Comment

Metal Spools with Plastic Core make Problems in antistatic charge. The early Beaulieu Spools from Posso had a grey plastic Core. The later ones had a metalized plastic Core, because of more Polyester Film came on the Marked. I have made my Spools and Cans by my self.

Comment

I have got several questions for supplying also storage boxes for reels. So I am also considering to fabricate these. Are there any requirements for this?

I was just thinking of thin cardboard boxes to keep the costs low.

Comment

What about the question regarding the spools capacites I asked there New large film reels in production - 8mm Forum (film-tech.com) ? 😀

I have a second question : since the base of the production process is done, will it be possible to order, "out of catalogue" small quatities (like two pieces, for example) larger spools (900 m) ? Or would that be more complocated that just pushing on a button to set the machines a little bit differently ?

Comment

Too late to edit, so : capacities quantities complicated pressing a button

Comment

Hello Edwin,

- Are new reels showing a "white" or "black" aluminium oxyd (anodization) finish as well ?
                              - Do you manage soften cuts on rims and more particularly on outside diameter (rounded periphery edge, like "genuine" Beaulieu reels for exemple) ?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X