Lamp for Bell & Hollew 122L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lamp for Bell & Hollew 122L

Hi, does anyone know where I can find a lamp for a Bell & Hollew Model 122L REGENT projector. I have asked at Van Eck but they don't have it. The model is P28s, 120V, 500W, Philips 6152C/05 - ANSI: CZX / DAB. Thank you.

Rodrigo
    How about these?
    CZX DAB 500W 120V T10 Photo Projection LIGHT BULB Studio LAMP Projector NEW | eBay

Comment

Hello Maurice, No. I have that lamp and it doesn't work. I found this one that I think will work for me https://es.aliexpress.com/item/40001...b8ac3c2fdf7-19

Comment

Rodrigo
        I have just seen a photo of your Bell & Howell projector and I now realise that it uses a lamp peculiar to only Bell & Howell. It locates in position with a spigot (a pin). The detail on the Van Eck site is incorrect.

The projector uses an A1/87 lamp at 110 volts and 400 watts.

Here is one:-
        Projector bulb lamp A1/87 110V 400W PHILIPS black top ..... 38 (yaaaid.com)

Is this your projector?
        The Bell & Howell Regent, Design 122, Model L 8mm Projector (clip 25) - YouTube

Comment

Rodrigo
          I think I might have one or two of these. I’ll have a look and get back to you.

Comment

The earlier models used a 400 watt lamp.
            In 1946 they were made in England. The latest model was the Bell & Howell 606 H. By now they used a 500 watt mains voltage (240) lamp.
            I have one of these in my collection. The special lamps are very expensive, but I was lucky to buy a few when Lee's Cameras were still in business.
            Vintage Bell & Howell 606 H 8mm Projector — Simon Hawketts' Photo Blog

Comment

Rodrigo
              Sorry to raise your hopes. Had a look but no A1/87 lamps. I do have many many old stock lamps if anyone is looking for a particular one.

Comment

Hello again, That is indeed the projector. It uses a 500W lamp. I also have the 606H model. I will look at the link you send me. Terry, it is very interesting to know that you have lamps because I am missing some in my collection of 8mm projectors. You are very kind. I will keep looking

Comment

I find this in Spain https://www.ebay.es/itm/264749020506...IAAOSwGFRe0-MG

Comment

This one is 500W, would it also work?
                    https://www.ebay.es/itm/254841790234

Comment

Photos
                      Attached Files

Comment

Both lamps will work. They are for the 8mm Bell & Howell. You will see the spigot (pin) used for locating.

Comment

Ok. Thank you very much

Comment

I have written to the seller and he tells me that he doesn't think that the 500W will work for me as they have different measurements, what do you think?

Comment

I did not notice that the Mazda 400 watt is an A1/87. This will not fit.
                              Have you got the original spent lamp? This will enable you to measure it to confirm that a replacement lamp is the same size.
                              I am of the opinion that any lamp which marked as an A1/47 will fit.
                              I have just checked the spare lamps for my 606 H and they are certainly marked A1/47 and are 500 watt.

Comment

Working...
                              X