X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ged-Found this on the internet:

http://www.elvisechoesofthepast.com/...-8-mm-super-8/

Comment

Thanks Larry! What a find! Ged will know how accurate this is. When I researched Columbia Super 8 releases I had an easier time finding out the history and labs used to produce their Super 8 prints. Not the same With Viacom. This leaves many questions unanswered, so let's keep looking!

Comment

It would be interesting to find out if they set up their own dept to deal with the 8mm or if it was done by outsiders.

Comment

Knowing that the Elvis digests were made by Ken Films, it would seem logical that Viacom contracted with Ken for the feature releases

Comment

That would seem likely, however Bob Lane never committed himself to Derann that that was the case.

Comment

So he did not deny it Jed?

Comment

If you look at Viacom releases on Super8Database some (perhaps all?) were originally released by Paramount, which was eventually owned by Viacom. Did Viacom get an inside track to release Paramount films on Super8?

To answer these questions you will need to create one of those huge displays of pictures with strings that join related items (like you see in crime investigation shows).

At a glance, Viacom never became a big player like Derann or Ken.

Comment

In my data collection, I found two more films that are supposed to be released by Viacom:

1. The Atomic Submarine: Viacom, 4x400 bw snd; reviewed in "Coming Attractions" #42, Summer 1994

2. The Incredible Rocky Mountain Race: Viacom, 6x400 col snd; reviewed in "Movie" #18, March 2003

I can't verify if these were really Viacom prints; I just know that they were called Viacom releases in the reviews mentioned.

Comment

The second one is definitely Viacom, can't make up my mind about Atomic sub.

Comment

Don't know if this helps but I have a 16mm print of Visit to a Small Planet. In the leader is printed by Movielab. Don't know if that is where the super 8 prints were made. They closed soon after Star Trek: Wrath of Khan. I remember they screwed up the 70mm prints of Khan in some way or form, not sure.

Comment

I apologise for not getting back to anyone over the last 12 months, my health has not been good and when I tried to login I discovered that my laptop had lost all the passwords. Thanks to Douglas for his assistance in getting back in. If you are an Elvis fan you might be interested in this. Vince worked at Derann for a number of years. https://www.facebook.com/vince.wright.39

Comment

Working...
                        X