Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KICKSTARTER for new Super 8mm Sound print digests?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philip, some 200' and 400', will go into the details later...Cheers, Shorty

Comment

What Super-8 is lacking is theatrical day sets: "-let's all do down to the lobby" and so on. One of the things I like about also doing 16mm is these are much easier to find in that gauge.

They aren't for everybody, but I'm a fan of drive-in theater day sets. A few months ago I compiled a 16mm trailer reel and it starts and ends with these.

Comment

Hello Phil. A similar edit yes but with extra scenes and good colour. If my posts are a little sparse its as I do have a great deal on now but still enjoy a brief look at beloved forum and enjoying making the new S8 magic happen.

I've also got a growing list of independent documentary films collectors asked me to produce. My Steam Heritage Railways 200ft is well underway and will be good to have something recent for the steam buffs. Variety is the spice of life as they say.

The only reel input I can offer you is that over the years many have tried to do group releases which usually come to nothing after pages of reading and so many opinions. This is why I decided to go it alone and just do it before I go skyward, at least it will be something permanent left behind.

Comment

Thanks Lee for responding. Good luck with your endeavors.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Klare View Post
            What Super-8 is lacking is theatrical day sets: "-let's all do down to the lobby" and so on. One of the things I like about also doing 16mm is these are much easier to find in that gauge.

They aren't for everybody, but I'm a fan of drive-in theater day sets. A few months ago I compiled a 16mm trailer reel and it starts and ends with these.
            Yes I would love the old ads played in the theaters and drive-ins. I think Steve O at the Reel Image is planning on releasing something similar. If so I'm in!

Comment

-me too!

When I have an audience, I like to show them a real cinema show: some day sets, a trailer or two, at least one cartoon and then the feature.

I can't fool 'em that they aren't in a living room, but I want them to go home feeling that they really have been "out to the movies".

(So WHAT if many of the Coming Attractions will never actually arrive?!)

Comment

Countdown Clock, 10-minute job...Derek Maxwell had some of those...I also subscribe to the various teasers that was a prelude to the films themselves..watched many of them in theatres as a boy, completely absorbed by the inventiveness and assortment...Shorty

Comment

Working...
                X