No announcement yet.

Elmo GS-1200 Xenon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes that's about the time I think you'll probably see they were offering the 800 with the 1.0 lens as well. My new 800 didn't work when it arrived and the engineer came to the phone asking if I was any good with a soldering iron. They had problems with dry joints on the Sankyo 800's so he phoned back to talk me thru where to look. A good firm.

Comment

Steve, congrats on your score. That is a bargain to find a projector like that here in Japan. I have never seen a GS-1200 that came with a case like that. That is cool to see.

As Alan stated, your listed price is too high. You would not be able to sell that for more than $600 here in Japan. If you want to sell the projector for top dollar you would need to add more detail to the item description. At the very least, the projector should be tested with an optical and magnetic sound film and confirm that you have sound. A description of how well the lamp ignites and confiriming that play/forward/reverse/ and high speed rewind work would also be important to potential buyers. This is a great machine that could be suffering from several different issues.

You should keep the machine and explore the world of Super 8 with us on this forum. Once you have a good understanding of the machine and any different issues it is having, you could use this forum to help solve those issues and later flip the machine on eBay for a good amount of money. Shipping overseas from Japan would be around $300 or more.

If you plan on running any valuable film through the projector, I would recommend checking the lower film tensioner and lower film guide.
      The plastic in the middle of the film tensioner has probably worn away and the ridges that develop can leave wear lines on your precious films. You could reshape the tensioner with a soldering iron or replace it with a roller.
      http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bi...c;f=1;t=008762

The lower film guide is another area in the film path that you will want to inspect before running any valuable films through the projector.
      http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bi...c;f=1;t=010985

Comment

Jason! Thanks so much! I ordered an old SiFi movie in like new condition and when it arrives I'll take another long look at what exactly is going on with the projector. Again thanks!

Comment

I bought a short Sci-fi reel in its original box, seeled. It arrived today! It was so much fun to watch! The projector operated flawlessly first try! I projected the movie onto my neighbor's house about 40 yards away! Too much fun!

Comment

You have THE BEST super 8mm projector ever made. It was a gift level price and 'projector operated flawlessly first try!.' Mark this down as one of the best days of your life. Life doesn't give too many of these. Make sure you enjoy it. Well done!

Comment

Past tense.. enjoyed. The item sold so we probably will not be seeing this member post any longer. Unless he of course finds another.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Rollinson View Post
                I paid about $65.
                Ain’t that AWESOME!!!

Comment

I happened to score a Xenon too as part of a huge camera/projector collection here in Canada . My name is Steve too, so maybe that helped .Im very surprised people are pricing it here at only 600-800. I know that the regular Gs 1200s sell for about $1000 on average,and close to $2000 for ones that are like new and serviced ! Therefore since the Xenon is so much more rare and in demand than the regular one is, I would have thought it would be worth at least double. I found one only on Worthpoint which shows one that sold in the UK and this is it !
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Steve Keays; October 27, 2023, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X