Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emel p73

Hello,
    I'm trying to replace a projector lamp and, despite the fact that it is apparently screw-in, I can't get it out. any advice?​ Click image for larger version

Name:	EMEL P73.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	69739 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221128_124656.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	69741
    Attached Files

It might not be a screw-in lamp. It probably could be pre-focus. This has two "T" pieces of different sizes which ensure that it only fits the correct way.

If I am correct, press the lamp downwards and then turn it anti-clockwise for 90 degrees to remove.

When replacing with a new lamp, turn gently until it drops into the correct position, Then, press downwards and turn clockwise for 90 degrees.

The "T" pieces ensure that it can only be fitted in the correct position for its filament to line up.

Click below to see a pre-focus lamp.

1 x NEW ATLAS MED PREFOCUS Projector Light Bulb Lamp A1/9 240V 750W P28/25 #PJ9 | eBay

Comment

I tried that but for some reason it won't let me push the lamp down.
      Lubricate with oil?​

Comment

WD-40 sprayed on the base.

Comment

No way

Comment

Try some contact cleaner spray that might do the trick. Contact cleaner will evaporate and not leave a sticky residue.

Comment

I think the lamp thread is wrong and that is why it does not come out.

Comment

As suggested, try some suitable liquid. Remove (unscrew?) the reflector and perhaps you'll get a better view. There may be corrosion which is acting as a sealant.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodrigo Lueje View Post
                  No way
                  Why ? Will free up any rust/ corrosion.

Comment

It must be a bayonet bulb or you could never get the flat area with the stringed filament to line up with the gate. I believe there was also another type that was similiar that needed a half turn or so to seat. But regardless I don't believe it will have threads like a light bulb, or at least not with a machine that looks like it's from the late 1930's or later.

Comment

A long shot, have you tried removing the lamp holder from underneath. You could disconnect the feed wires and maybe drop the holder plus bulb . I am not familiar with this machine but it looks as though this may be possible, anyway good luck and keep us informed.
                      John

Comment

After a lot of work I managed to remove the lamp but the projector does not work, it has electrical problems. Let's move on to the second operation....

Comment

Originally posted by Rodrigo Lueje View Post
                          After a lot of work I managed to remove the lamp but the projector does not work, it has electrical problems. Let's move on to the second operation....
                          So I'm curious what was holding the bulb in place, and what style of bulb did it end up being?

Comment

Is your projector 110 or 220 volts? I can see it has an American plug attached to it and I know Spain like France uses 220 volts.

Electrically there's not much in there but a motor, a rheostat, a lamp and socket and a couple of switches and most probably a rotten paper capacitor or two that should be removed.

​​​​​

Comment

The lamp was just as Maurice said, but the thread was wrong and it also tripped over the screw that carries the cable that feeds it.

Comment

Working...
                              X