Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the make of your first ever 8mm projector ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first ever projector was a Chinnon 7500 I bought on my 18th Birthday from Dixons in Wood Green High Street, I had to wait until my 18th Birthday so I could get the old Hire/Purchase agreement (although Dad still had to sign as guarantor!).

Comment

Kodak M55L. Cost £20 in 1968,but the lamp was over £5 !!! and you couldnt turn it off with the machine running,even when rewinding.

Comment

A big thank you for all those replies so far . There is a very interesting mix of projectors there . I wish you all a very Happy , Healthy New Year .

Comment

My first projector was a Ricoh Auto 8P Trioscope, a birthday gift from my parents. It was a nice little dual 8 silent model.

Many years ago I loaned it to someone who was getting started in Super 8mm. I haven't seen them or the projector since......

Comment

Wow Douglas… my first projector was also a Ricoh Auto 8P Trioscope and also as a present from my parents! I did however lose it somewhere along the way moving between houses as an adult.

My dad got me the Horror of Frankenstein as a 200’ B&W silent with a 7 single flexible record (that I could never get synced) plus My Son The Vampire also as a 200’ B&W silent. I watched those two films over and over.

My one sister, who is about 10 years older than me, worked at a local record type store on Saturday mornings where they hired out 8mm films and she used to bring home a handful of films every Saturday that I could watch during the week and then returned those the next Saturday for a new collection. Happy days they were…

Comment

I don’t recall the model of my very first projector. It was almost a toy projector, but not quite. Standard 8mm. I got my next projector for my 15th birthday. It was one of those GAF “dual 8” machines. Basically one of these. It was kind of cheap, but it did last a long time.

Comment

Thunderbird 8mm. Sold out of the back of Famous Monsters of FilmLAND magazine. Loved it. But pretty basic. Lots of fun times with it.

Comment

Philip now there is a coincidence for you . As a kid it was my dreaming and drooling about one day owning that same Thunderbird 8mm projector as advertised in that very same magazine Famous Monsters Of Filmland that got me into film collecting . I wanted one to show those 8mm Castle and Ken Films that were advertised for sale in that magazine . However it never came to pass and i never did buy one .

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Hamilton View Post
                    Thunderbird 8mm. Sold out of the back of Famous Monsters of FilmLAND magazine. Loved it. But pretty basic. Lots of fun times with it.
                    Here is a video of the Thunderbird. It is actually a Brumberger which was re-branded.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	FamousMonstersProjector.jpg Views:	0 Size:	156.0 KB ID:	72264

Only $29.95 back in 1973! This one looks similar to Kodak's Brownie projector.

Comment

Agfa Movector. I still have it somewhere. Christmas present from my parents along with Castle Films Son of Frankenstein and Mountain films Din at Dinner - also still have these.

Comment

It's nice to see that so many of us had parents that encouraged our interest in this great hobby.

Xander, I often used that Ricoh for screening those Americom films that came with a record. It was never perfect, but riding that adjustable speed control helped a lot in keeping it close!

Comment

In 1954 my mom bought a Bell & Howell 8 mm camera and a Keystone K109 projector. I inherited that projector, however in 1979 when my first son was born I bought a Canon super 8 sound camera and a Canon PS 1000 sound projector. I don't have either projector anymore but they did me well for many years.

Click image for larger version

Name:	800px-Vintage_Keystone_Regal_8mm_Movie_Projector,_Model_K109,_Made_In_USA,_Circa_1953_(18574333241).jpg
Views:	248
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	72417 Click image for larger version

Name:	film_28_PS-1000 Canosound_1481039562802.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	72418

Comment

My very first ‘projector’ was a Reflectorscope which my Dad made from a design in the 1937 Hobbies Annual. it allowed you to project post cards and photos onto A screen I used it to project comic strips including those fro Mickey Mouse Weekly. My very first movie projector was a Bing British which projected small slides and bits of 35mm film. The light was a torch bulb. This was very quickly superseded by a Pathe Ace. The 8mm machines were way beyond our means. Ken Finch.

Comment

My first projector was Titan Super Sound Model Lsp-510 still have it still works take up 400 Feet Reel

Comment

Working...
                                X