New Kodak super 8mm camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shane C. Collins View Post

Yes you most certainly can, but they widen the gate for digital transfers. So if you tried watching the final movie on a projector, the image would be cut off top and bottom.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Extended-Gate_Super_8_Camera.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	93559
    To be precise: It would be cut on the right side (=the area reserved for the soundstripe).
    But it would be cut.

Comment

There is only one place you can by the camera in the USA. That is B&H Photo in New York.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	114
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	93564
      The "Waiting List Only" footnote is: "This item is only available through Stock Alert requests on a first-come, first-serve basis."

Comment

Thanks Shane and Joerg for that answer. Just as well I don't have 5k going spare.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Mannering View Post
          I did ask Kodak why put a microphone on the camera body to record camera motor noise?
          Don‘t worry: The camera doesn’t come with a microphone anymore. The microphone in the handle on top of the first prototypes is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham Sinden View Post
            Thanks Shane and Joerg for that answer. Just as well I don't have 5k going spare.
            When you need a Max8-camera: Pro8mm is also selling refurbished S8-cameras that have been converted to Max8. Nevertheless, they are usually cheaper than the new Kodak.
            When looking for a tested/CLAed Super8-camera with a warranty, then there are much cheaper options in the EU.

Comment

Canon 814XL-S the best!

Comment

Working...
              X