Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Oliver and Dominique!

And your welcome Joe!

In regards to the black bars on some effects shots the first time I watched it I didn't even notice, the other day I noticed one scene outside with T Rex was letterbox....don't let that stop you from getting one. It's a great edit too, tells a nice story and plenty of memorable scenes.

Comment

Did a Zoom conference cough cough over weekend with a few UK collectors and it was reely nice to have catch up chatting about new releases coming forward and the great quality we are seeing from Reel Image and Dave of course. We ended with projecting the last 10 minutes of this beautiful release from Dave on my Eumig HID projector which was a nice way to finish.

Dave and the lab have produced something of quality here and in years to come it will be a rare one. Dave is accepting orders for this special release again now at MONSTERMAN1954@AOL.COM

Worth every penny.

Comment

One really cool fact about the soundtrack on this release (because after all I created it and record all the prints) its encoded in Dolby Pro Logic II which is a way of encoding 5.1 audio from the DVD to a stereo track. If you have a receiver capable of pro logic sound (Most do) then you will get 5.1 surround out of the print. Its very cool!

Comment

It's nice you mention this particularly in my own home cinema history life experiences.

20 odd years ago I mentioned I was stereo dubbing to S8 5.1 tracks and reproducing with via a Elmo GS800 and Kenwood surround system. I think the main players in the uk mags thought I was barmy but my movie friends can bare testament it was possible with good equipment and the Elmo at that time was reasonably new.
          My system was a Elmo GS800, Kenwood surround amp and all speakers were Bose....still in the loft.

The 600ft Jurassic Park still available to order of course and beautifully edited and RECORDED. If you dont have one start saving and order it is very much what we used to call in the old uk Derann days 'A SIGNATURE PRINT'

Comment

And not so surprisingly, there is another currently on eBay, but it is a no sound print, that is, has the mag stripe, but needs the soundtrack.

Comment

Reely pleased to hear orders are still flowing in for this great reel and a regular watch here.

Comment

Can someone point me to the ordering information for this JP Digest? I can't seem to find it. thank you.

Comment

Philip,

Here's a link, however you should send an email first for more up to date information.

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas Meltzer View Post
                    Philip,

Here's a link, however you should send an email first for more up to date information.
                    Thanks Doug - just dropped the checks in the mail. Can't wait.

Comment

Fellow forum member Pat came round tonight with his copy of "Jurassic Park". This was the "first" ever screening of this print, so I made sure the GS1200 was super super clean for this very special occasion.

The picture quality, the editing, everything was perfect. The print ran very smoothly through the projector. The image was rock steady, I have to add that those involved in this release really did a amazing job, one of the best I have ever seen.

Right for the sound quality, I don't recall a time when a stereo soundtrack has sounded this good, it was clear and full of life. The sub woofer was also doing its thing big time, which is exactly what you want out of the soundtrack. This was the GS1200 really taking full advantage of what was on that stripe, something I had not heard in a very long time....truly "outstanding" is the only word I can think of.

To sum up, many thanks to Pat for bringing along his superb print, it was a real joy to watch, an excellent release in every way, and a special thanks to all those involved in bringing it to Super8.

Comment

your'e welcome Graham, I am looking forward to some more releases! a big thanks to Dave for making this available!

Comment

Probably mentioned somewhere along the line but this rapidly turning into a signature Super 8 release. The whole thing is outstanding and all credit to our very own Dave Baker and the laboratory experts.
                          I think 20 of us got in on the first 20 prints to be struck on the first negative run and it truly is very well edited, colourful with a vibrant Stereo sound track. Remember fellow collectors you can also project this on a regular super 8 single sound track projector. Yes Super 8 is REELY versatile.

I'm guessing before long we may well see a nice S8 JP 200ft special trailer reel to accompany from across the series Mark me down for a print please 😎

Comment

The only thing is Lee, the import duty wops the price up here by an additional £40-£50. This can make it a difficult purchase, no matter how good a release is, almost 300 for half an hour make one think twice. I would love to add this title, and one way or another i will try to get a copy but at present i am trying to avoid giving the taxman another hoard which i wont do. David has emailed me the details but im not paying Boris and royal mail another £50 which would make the film almost 400 dollars. It's OK if you have a huge bank account or get benefits to help pay for it.

Comment

Look , if anyone has concerns like Tom's , please PM and I'll explain details on shipping .
                              Dave

Comment

Think it was around 294 total inc del etc on the first print run something like that and you can PPGift, dub yourself to make good savings. I would say they are good value in comparison to the prices TheBay are setting now with a used print of my 30 year old film 200ft film Cinema in Miniature selling for £175. Ouch. I'm guessing we can say the old prints now come into the antique area of sales, a bit like us.😉

Comment

Working...
                                X