No announcement yet.

Congrats to New Zealand! Virus Free!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, it has just been introduced I think over 1M downloads in the first day or two, but it is having teething problems such as people not booking tests via the "app" not being able to enter negative results. Not having the hardware to run it I can't use it.

Comment

The problem in the uk right now is the students. Many of them are irresponsible, we have seen first hand over 20 cramped into a small house two weeks ago. This weekend in Plymouth the police had to break up several student party's and also big groups of them after 10pm .
      Why the hell they allowed hundreds of thousands of students to move around this country when many courses could have been done on line il never know. Now there wondering why its raging through university's. Clearly the landlords would be hard dine by. Once again, money first. They certainly show disrespect to out Nhs.

Comment

Quite agree Tom, all nuts and forseen and as well as the crazy student nonsense is that the Gov has handed out contracts for track and trace and test etc to badly performing private companies who are doing a flippin terrible job. Even been fined for being so bad and ripping them off before too !!! What are they thinking.

Also 640 + NHS and health care workers have died partly as instead of buying PPE offered here they again threw money for it to some very odd !!! companies with no contacts or experiance in PPE and ignored offers from proper PPE firms etc with stock sat here, so much of that went abroad while our people died. Crazy,

They were told to do move track and trace and more testing to local authorities quickly as so bad with the chosen er providors !!! , but even now still going on with handing money to them to keep doing it very badly !!!

The UK is in a state with Covid.

Not controlling Covid here is giving us the worst of all worlds, many more deaths than we need of had and a terrible legacy of long Covd health damage for years and years plus damaging the economy more than it need of too.

We seem to just be treading water now as cases rise very fast even more.

Sadly the Post C ummings effect has caused a terrible level of non compliance as well and some really nutty goings on and ideas.

Not being political here, its just a reflection of how bad it is. I don`t go right or left myself. I just want them to sort it out like Germany etc or Jacinda Ahern ( amazing woman ) you are very lucky in NZ.

Our MP is Conservative and hes brilliant, especially locally but sadly not in the government, maybe as hes too good possibly.

Gawd help the NHS staff as its building fast there too now.

Comment

I think that, if it had been possible, the university students should have been in self isolation for 14 days then admitted to halls of residence on campus only. Then they could have mixed and partied there as well as studying without the virus spreading amonst them. It would have meant no-one going off campus but if they wanted the education it would have worked. Any wanting to go home at Christmas would have to do the same when returning.

I don't think that would have been practical or acceptable though.

Comment

At present and thanks to the measures put in place we are once again at "present" don't have any active community cases of Covid-19. In saying that here is some very good advice for everyone to take in, not just for NZ but for people living elsewhere as well, hence this link.

Comment

Regarding Dr Ashley Bloomfield this is a neat little video taken a couple of month ago

Comment

It has worsened where I live. Today we are close to 800 cases/day in Ontario.
                Things can change very very fast! This is the so-called second wave...
                Click image for larger version  Name:	ont_covid_0ct2020.jpg Views:	0 Size:	107.4 KB ID:	18202

Comment

Well Mathew

I hope things have improved where you are, we are fine at the moment although there is no community transmission at present, and hopefully soon to increase our bubble with Australia and the Pacific Islands, as many residents here also have families in those places as well. Sadly one person from that group did pass away, the rest I understand are now fine, so most restrictions have now been lifted and as such things like international rugby "Bledisloe Cup" between New Zealand and Australia is back up and running.

However no one is taking things for granted, we are all aware of how dangerous this virus is, and how fortunate we are at the moment, hence the tough restrictions early on that most people went along with have paid of.

I cant help but feel, that this virus is going to be around for quite a while yet, but if everybody does what is right, lives and suffering can be reduced until a vaccine comes on line for everyone.....the sooner the better.

I must say that in the 40 odd years living here, my "wish" was that Scotland would beat New Zealand at rugby, "JUST ONCE"

Anyway this was last week between New Zealand and Australia.

Comment

Working...
                  X