No announcement yet.

Would you buy this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I owned this !!! and somehow had not taken it to the recycling or dump, and for some odd reason someone wanted it, I`d pay the postage myself.

Seilling, is ludicrous.

Dearie me etc.

Might be worth pulling the 1.2 lens out but crikey, thats likely even got things inside it.

Best Mark.

Comment

Whatever it's last projected film was, it must have been standard 8mm judging by the position of the track switch. Steve is right about the Aluminum corrosion, and chances are that this machine has seen submersion in sea water (back to my Titanic theory!) . I think I would be willing to pay $15.00 for it, in the hope of retrieving at least a few spare parts out of it.

Comment

I'm also amazed at how many items are listed for sale on Ebay without even a minimum attempt to clean them up. I quick wipe-down with a dust cloth could have made this projector look 100% better.

Comment

If you were selling something, wouldn't you investigate the going rate? Who dreams up these ridiculous prices? With a little persuasion I might be convinced it's worth a dollar for their cheek!

Comment

Looking more closely I can see the super 8 reel adapter sitting on the top of the projector along with one of the interchangeable sprockets (the rear one). For a machine that looks so unloved I'm surprised to see them still there not lost many years ago.

Comment

I see a nice one on Ebay sold for 249.95. They must have some value. He is also taking offers so he may take $50. I think a lot of these garage sale buyers pick things up for a song and a dance and put a high price on something but also take offers. They are expecting to sell it cheaper than the list price and still make a pretty penny over what they paid for it. I have a mint S804D and have not idea what it is worth.

Comment

It's an oldie but a moldy...

Comment

Heck, I'd seen some plain simple dual8 projector in local classified with close to 300$ ASKING PRICE. Go figure...

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-08-18_081529.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	15267​

Just noticed that this classified had been on since Dec.2018. No wonder at all.

Comment

I bought a Mark 810D at RIckmansworth a couple of years ago for £10, I wouldn't pay more than that for the one here.

Comment

Thats £10 too much Brian. I`d be happy to pay someone £10 to take it away.( Quickly !!! )

We are going to statt getting slightly stuck projector wise, but there are plenty of spares ones about way beyond this one.

Best Mark.

Comment

i have two of those and even combined i have not paid 150 dollars, or euros, ot whatever. in that state maybe 25 euro's to play around with it and if its too bad its a part source.

Comment

Working...
                        X