Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Florida film collector convention coming to Central Florida this August 2021 !!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida film collector convention coming to Central Florida this August 2021 !!

HELLO FORUM MEMBERS !
    I am very proud to announce Central Florida's ONLY and EVER first film collector's event happening August 20-22 , 2021 at the Holiday Inn Express in Spring Hill , Florida !

About a year and a half ago , Chip Gelmini asked attendees at Cinesea if they were willing to support a film collector's event in Florida .
    There was a good show of hands ( I being one of them ) because I thought it was a great idea .

Well, lo and behold , after meeting with Chip , he and I decided to MAKE THIS HAPPEN !

So , here's the jest planned event : Movie and film screenings in super 8mm , 16mm and 35mm formats , special guests and interviews with question and answer sessions , special VIP screenings for Hotel Guests - and for you dealers , FREE tables to sell your wares ( limited number ) .

Scheduled Guests Include :

" Mr. Super 8 " - STEVE OSBORNE - The Online Home of the World-Wide Super 8/16mm Film Maker/Collector Magazine! - The Reel Image (jimdofree.com)

ALAN GOUGER - Home Theater Expert and projection modifier

TRESSA GRAVES - Horror novelist and web series producer / director ( whom I assist in many of her series , go to : Official Tressa Graves – Author of True Crime, Psychological Thrillers, Horror )

GEOFFREY CURTIS - " Mr. 35mm / Web D.J . "

Upon arrival at the hotel , you will receive a printed schedule for the full 3 days of activities .

AND PARKING IS FREE !!!

So , are you interested now ?

EMAIL ME AT : monsterman1954@aol.com for the special hotel room rate for attendees ( 91.00 per night ) OR any other questions

Looking forward to meeting all you forum members and having A BLAST that weekend !

- Dave Baker

At this time I would like to thank David very much for all his hard work that he has put into this so far and I look forward to meeting friends in August here in Florida at our convention

Chip Gelmini
    FFCC

Comment

Marked my calendar!

Comment

Thanks Paul , Looking forward to seeing you ( I hope ) !

Comment

Awesome Paul Will be good to see you again finally

Comment

As luck would have it, I will be in a nearby state that week and plan on being at the FFCC in Tampa by Saturday afternoon. It really sounds like a great event Dave and his team are putting together!

Comment

Thanks for your support Greg . You won't be disappointed ! Looking forward to meeting you !

Comment

Wonderful to read! Sadly on the wrong continent... 🙃 ... but I hope to see some pictures afterwards 🙏

Comment

That is a very good point we're going to need someone to do pictures it would be great if Steve Klare could come or Claus Harding they've done really good photography work at the Wildwood NJ convention every year!

Comment

Going one step further, Chip..... how about live streaming on the web? That would be a first !

Comment

Originally posted by Melvin England View Post
                      Going one step further, Chip..... how about live streaming on the web? That would be a first !
                      What a nice idea!

Comment

Hey guys ...it is something to think about....

Comment

OTHER THINGS TO DO IN THE AREA

WEEKI WACHEE MERMAIDS: North on 19 go4 miles it will be on your left. Low admission & great for families. Swimming, live shows, paddle boat rentals. Just before you reach route 50 (Cortez Avenue)

A BEACH AREA FOR CHILDREN: North on 19 to route 50 west. Follow signs for Pine Island. There is a parking fee during the day time. Perfect for kids the water is knee deep most of the time. Adults will enjoy the stunning sunsets at the end of a clear day.

ORLANDO THEME PARKS: Route 50 East 80 miles to I-4.

TAMPA and BUSCH GARDENS: I-75 South 70 miles

ST. PETERSBURG BEACHES: Route 19 South 60 miles

FT. DESOTO PARK: Follow to St Pete and add 6 miles to distance

CLOSE BY TO OUR HOTEL:

WALMART: 3 MILES SOUTH ON THE RIGHT AFTER CVS. This is a super Walmart.

TARGET: 3 MILES NORTH IT WILL BE ON THE LEFT

GOLDEN CORRAL: AFTER TARGET ON THE RIGHT approx. ½ mile further

IHOP: WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE FOLLOW SIDE WALK NORTH

THOUSAND ISLAND CAFÉ: FOLLOW SIDEWALK SOUTH TO TRAFFIC LIGHT.

HOOTERS: FOLLOW SIDEWALK SOUTH TO LIGHT & CROSS THE STREET

10 PIN BOWLING ALLEY: TWO BLOCKS SOUTH ACROSS THE STREET

PUBLIX: Follow 19 north to the Target plaza. A very good supermarket.

WINN DIXIE: Follow 19 North to the light at route 50. Continue North through the light to the Hardee’s burgers and turn right. Use caution pulling back out on to the road. This is a dangerous intersection because both roads are very busy. Another very good supermarket.

PLEASE BE SAFE! Route 19 is a VERY BUSY ROAD with 55mph speed zones. If you walk, use the sidewalks. If you bicycle – watch your back! If you drive, watch for the others! This is Florida! Many Seniors drive here! Not to mention the summer vacation people too!

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Chip Gelmini View Post
                            OTHER THINGS TO DO IN THE AREA
                            Your posting makes me sad since traveling is simply not possible 😭😂

Florida is always worth a visit...

Comment

Joachim we will try our best to bring pictures or videos to those who are not able to attend the event. Best wishes always.

Chip Gelmini
                              FFCC 2021

Comment

Working...
                              X