Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Florida film collector convention coming to Central Florida this August 2021 !!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Joachim , don't be sad because if this is as successful as I hope to be , it will return next summer !

Comment

It's also close to Tarpon Springs which is a nice little town famous for its history of sponge diving - it used to be the sponge capital of the world. A lot of Greek heritage here and some superb Greek restaurants.

Suggestion - can we all wear name tags so we know who we are talking to? The only one going that I have met in person is Chip.

Comment

For a few lucky early birds I would like to have a movie night in my theater at my home I'm trying to figure this out and it will all be pending how many of you come early and Covid rules and regulations I don't think I can fit 10 in my screening room it might have to be maybe six or whatever we'll figure it out

Paul I think you really need to take this opportunity and see my theater while you are in the area......

Comment

I like Paul's idea to have name tags, that will be super helpful..

Comment

Stan & Ollie will discuss the name tag idea and as long as it does not create another fine mess it will be implemented. With the technology we have today we can even prepare them already preprinted.

Staples will print 100 or more HEY YOU! labels for a good price.........

Comment

With this post I am writing today that you are now reading I am reaching out to all of those members who were at Wildwood October 2019 who raised their hands when I asked if they would be interested in a Florida Film convention it would mean a lot to me if any of you could actually come to our event this is shaping up to be a lot of fun and I don't want you to miss it!

Comment

Chip,

Shorty and I mentioned the Florida Film Collector Convention in our opening remarks at this past CineSea. I will also include all pertinent information in the next CineSea group email.

I cannot attend in August, however I've told David I'll be there for the sequel!

Comment

Thanks very much for the support Doug!

Chip G

Comment

Just a little side note on one of the featured guests - GEOFFREY CURTIS - Alias " Jeffrey C " on www.handzonradio.fm every Tuesday night from 8pm - 10pm . Tune in , he's awesome ! Been a D.J. there since April 2004 - 17 years this month !

Comment

Nametags sre being considered at this time a final decision will be made soon.......

Comment

Looking forward to attending and meeting my fellow collectors. This will be my first collectors convention. I would appreciate some guidance and words of advise. I will be attending with my wife who has put up with over 40 years of my film collecting.

Comment

Humberto,

I am guessing the Florida Film Collector's Convention will be at least somewhat similar to the "CineSea" conventions. I think it will be friendly and informal--like CineSea (I have been to CineSea but only once so far). I expect it will be a great place to meet others to talk about films, projectors, collections and of course to watch Super 8, 16mm and 35mm films too! Since this is the first event, it remains to be seen how much film buying and selling will occur, but I am sure there will be that too. And, of course, your wife would be most welcome there as well.

I should clarify that I am not involved in the organization of the Florida event in any way, and I hope the thoughts I have shared here can be "seconded" by Dave Baker and his team. I will be attending though and am looking forward to meeting you and many others.

Comment

Greg Perry has explained this event exactly how I feel as David has pointed out I was at Cinesea in October 2019 and I asked for a show of hands if people would be interested in attending a Florida event this will be the first one and we do face some challenges during the pandemic but Cinesea has seem to handle that just fine especially recently perhaps Doug Meltzer Could comment on it as well to shed some light

(Doug - I am referring to any issues regarding masks, social distancing, and so on. Thanks.)
                            Last edited by Chip Gelmini; April 28, 2021, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Thank you Humberto and Welcome to the Forum !
                              I sent you an email with all the info you requested .

Looking forward to meeting you and any other questions , feel free to ask .

Comment

To: All Who Are Interested
                                Subj: Nametags Are Coming
                                Date: April 28, 2021

Pleased to report the FFCC 2021 organization team will be receiving a donation of name tags for those who wish to have one. You can ask for one as you arrive the hotel, probably in the conference room. More information will become available as the time draws near.

Click image for larger version

Name:	laurel & hardy.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	33181

Comment

Working...
                                X