Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've been looking at flights Paul as well.

Comment

Wonderful news about Blackpool - my wife and I will be there on the Friday till Sunday - staying at The Imperial - see you all there !!

Comment

Excellent news. At some point, over the weekend, we'll (hopefully) show Jurassic Park on Super 8 so that attendees can see the quality that's been discussed on here. Obviously, no actual final plans are completed yet, but it will be a fantastic weekend.

Comment

The magic will happen Si and don't forget to include a Scope Bond or three 😎

David if you go to the Imp bar for coffee or drinks sit to the right of the bar its where Les Dawson used to regularly sit. On occasion he would buy me a lemonade back in the 70's. His bronze statue is in Lytham gardens near the pier with a piano of course.

Off topic sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Winchester View Post
            Rik - I'm not sure if you're in the UK, but if you are, you simply can't afford to miss the Blackpool weekend. Having attended them all from 1984 onwards, I may be biased, but considering the last one attracted around 10 collectors from overseas, including from the USA, Norway, Sweden, Germany, Belgium and Northern Ireland, it clearly offers a very special experience!
            Hey Adrian - Yes I'm from the UK (updated my profile now ) but I'm darn sarf so Blackpool is a bit of a trek. I agree I need to make the time but me just saying that, doesn't actually make it happen .
            Fingers crossed.

Comment

Well Adrian and I are both from Sarf London, so not much nearer than you.

Comment

Rik - In a nutshell......... JUST DO IT ! You will NOT regret it.

I was in the same boat as you in the late 1970's/early 80's. I kept promising I would attend one of these events year after year until I finally hauled my posterior to Blackpool in around 1984 to see what the fuss was about. What an eye opener! Best fuss ever! And now it is even bigger in so far as it starts Friday night with a film show, all day Saturday film shows, Evening Dinner get together (optional), then the BIG convention all day Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Adsett View Post
                  Why do I have the feeling that Chip and David's FFCC is the start of something really special down here in sunny Florida!
                  Thank you very much Paul for the confidence booster! It will be more fun knowing you will be there. I know you've marked your calendar!

Comment

Excellent. I will do my best to attend.

Comment

Ibrahim - Good man!

Rik - Melvin aptly refers to he desirability of avoiding year of regret, in view of many of us becoming 'hooked' upon attending for the first time. And UK regulars include people from Portsmouth, etc, so you're unlikely to have the longest journey. As someone who travels by train, I can say that the cost, with advance tickets, can be lower than people expect and I'm happy to offer tips.

I'll add that I particularly hope people will support the event this year, because following the years of positive momentum begun by David Guest, this obviously stalled last year, so we have cause to be grateful that Elaine Guest and her family are proceeding this year. Hopefully a successful event will help to ensure it continues in 2022 and beyond.

Comment

Indeed it shall...never will forget how kind David was to me when we met. God Bless him...Shorty

Comment

Talking about travelling to film fairs.
                          In the 80's I used to move my lab work shift to 1am then jump on the first train from Kent into London, on the tube the 2 train changes to the Derann Blackpool event. After that do the same thing getting home around 11PM. Did that for a good few years and do the same again today.
                          Being 'up North' now it works the other way supporting the southern events but we love it and nice to enjoy the hobby with others.

I wouldn't miss it or the memories written!

Comment

Simon. Showing Jurassic Park would be wonderful as its very much a signature print of top quality.
                            Don't forget to support David with the new releases popping a note in the programme were to order from him as I'm sure he would appreciate it very much.
                            Take care.

PS And REEL IMAGE 😍

Comment

French TV has just aired a subject in the news about Eurostar. The train company seems to be in great difficulties. Some cash has been injected but, following what they said on TV, enought to survive only a few months. Only one train a day is running (on both ways, of course) at the moment ans you can book only for that train in November as well. They also mentionned there is a € 150 test to buy at the arrival in London. It should not apply anymore in November, I guess, but that will certainly prevent many people to travel in a forseable future and hence contribute to the financial serious troubles of the company.

Comment

Yes Eurostar has been in the press and mainly the railway magazines here a lot recently. It seems to be a £250M refinancing package of loans guaranteed by the shareholders, mainly SCNF and only 5% SNCB (Belgian state operator). I assume that is why the London Paris route is now 2 trains a day with a third from the end of June and only the single to Brussels/Amsterdam. A planned merger with Thalys is said to still be underway. Hopefully all of that will improve the long term prospects of the service.

Comment

Working...
                                X