Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also have never been to a Film Fair before, being more interested in the the equipment and its history throughout the life of film than actually watching the films. Could somebody explain to me what a Film Fair actually is?

The reason I ask is I am a collector and trader in Cine equipment and all the accessories, the older and odder the better. I am based just up the road from Blackpool, can see it on a clear day, would a dealers table with projectors, lenses, cameras, back projection, screens, accessories etc be the sort of thing suitable and welcome there?

If someone could let me know the score please?

Nick

Comment

Nick, the Sunday Film Fair is a part of the three days convention. If you're only interesting in buying equipment, that day may be interesting for you. There is a room with sellers having tables full of films, projectors, cameras and the alike. Things vary from one year to another and it's also a question of luck. You can get an idea by looking at the pictures of the convention ; on page 2, there are some pictures of the Sunday Film Fair. In my opinion, you you should not miss this event since you're so close to the place. 8mm Forum: BLACKPOOL 2019 Photos (film-tech.com)

Comment

Dominique,

Thank you, I was actually looking at selling equipment, I will be going there anyway to check it out and maybe put some names to faces, but if there is room I will probably book a dealers table. I will check the photos out an maybe even bump into you on the day?

Thanks

Nick

Comment

Great, Nick ! I will do everything I can to attend this year, as well. Hope to see you, there 😀

Comment

Nick - I'll add a personal view. I think if you opt to have a stall, you'll feel very much 'at home' at the Film Fair. Although it's a hobby that unites people with a love of film, I'd say that most collectors also feel the equipment they are using is a significant part of its appeal. I'd be misleading you if I implied it would be easy to sell (e.g.) large numbers of old silent projectors and cine cameras, but I'd certainly be eager to see your stall as I like looking out for rare accessories, etc. Also, if you have a mailing list of customers, you'll know what sells and it's a great opportunity to suggest that they come and see your stall and the wider event. Also, if you don't give it a try at least once, you'll never find out how it goes! Finally, as you're just up the road, please consider coming to the Saturday night dinner as it's a lot of fun and a chance to meet other enthusiasts. I'll make an announcement about booking for this soon.

Comment

Ok I am definitely going, I am also going to arrange a table (or two) and have a think about the whole weekend.

Nick Click image for larger version

Name:	Clip_2.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	2.2 KB
ID:	35967

Comment

Looking forward to a bumper Blackpool this year. Has anyone managed to book accommodation at the Grand Hotel yet? I've tried ringing a few times but no got though.

Comment

I think this event will be a bumper turnout or hope it will be with no other events being held, it should bring the collectors into Blackpool, looking forward to it and will be nice to see a few familiar faces again, Mark

Comment

further details for the Blackpool Film Fair 2021. activities will be as follows there will be a friday evening film show on 16mm. commences at 8pm. no charge for this. just turn up. details to follow. saturday daytime film shows on super 8mm. there will be morning and afternoon showings. titles will include the most recent 8mm print from the usa of the original star wars 1977 version.also the latest 600ft release of jurassic park. this has had rave reviews. these saturday screenings and the friday evening film show are very kindly put on for us by Simon Mc conway and Mark Norton. i am most grateful to them for their expertise and assistance. the saturday evening meal is once again organised by Adrian Winchester and his numerous helpers. details to follow. this is always a marvelous evening. with the famous raffle and film show to round off the night. sunday of course is the fair itself. surround yourself with much film and equipment. alway lots bargains to be had in all gauges. film shows on the day provided by expert projectionist uncle Bob Nicholls plus there will be the film auction on the sunday afternoon. anyone wishing to book a dealers table please contact Elaine Guest on 07931457817. so a fabulous weekend to look forward too. more details as and when available. Paul.

Comment

I really do pray all of you great success for your efforts.

My Lancashire authority will not give my East Lancashire Film Fair the go ahead as Covid rate is nearing half of what it was in full lock down in Lancashire which i get for everyone's wellbeing. 2022 I hope will be a better year for us all.
                      God bless, keep safe and well.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Slater View Post
                        Looking forward to a bumper Blackpool this year. Has anyone managed to book accommodation at the Grand Hotel yet? I've tried ringing a few times but no got though.
                        Did you ever get through? I've been trying for the last few days and no luck for me.

Comment

Rather than have two competing threads about Blackpool, I'm closing this one. Please go to this more recent thread for up to date information.

Comment

Working...
                          X