This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackpool Film Fair 2021 update news.

hi to all. as the nights slowly start to draw in time to start thinking more of this fabulous film weekend. friday 19th-sunday 21st november. held once again at the Grand Hotel (old Hilton) on the north shore seafront in Blackpool. here are updated details. the friday night film show is british comedy night. films to be shown on 16mm are A HOME OF YOUR OWN.approx 50 min. an all star cast in this wonderful film also THE RUNAWAY BUS b/w feature. rare on 16mm. stars Frankie Howard and Margaret Rutherford. an excellent comedy thriller. 8pm start. free to all who wish to attend. saturday daytime. films to be shown throughout the day these include the latest 8mm releases from america. Jurassic Park 600ft. Bond extracts plus the original release of STAR WARS. saturday evening is the famous collectors evening meal. organised once again by Adrian Winchester. always a great night inc three course evening meal. a quiz and a raffle. and we round the evening off with an hour long film show(not to be missed).tickets £23.00. or if staying at the Grand you can transfer your evening meal over.(please notify Adrian and hotel). sunday the main collectors fair. many dealers inc CLASSIC HOME CINEMA etc. were you can purchase 8mm 16mm and 35mm films plus projectors. equipment inc reels posters. dvd's etc.always many genuine bargains to be had. there is a bring and buy. plus of course the Auction. films are also shown in the cinema room through the day. entrance price to Film Fair held for 3rd year. still only £6.00 (pay at the door) on the day. so as you can see a fabulous film weekend lies ahead. anyone wishing to book a dealers table please contact Elaine Guest on 07931457818. many people freely give their time to make this what it is. so please try to attend. you are guaranteed a great time. Paul Barker.

Excellent news- I literally cannot wait!

Comment

Bully for you sir!...still lol at that Si...oh my...yes, planning and bringing some nice films to show and possible sell/trade for (Shorts naturally)...Cheers mates, Shorty

Comment

I'd like to offer a few more details about THE 35th NORTHERN FILM COLLECTORS’ DINNER at the Grand Hotel on Saturday 20 November at 8pm. All coming to the Blackpool Film Fair are very welcome to attend. A three course meal will be served and the entertainment will include the customary quiz and the famous raffle. The evening will of course end with a one hour film show, which this year will be presented on Super 8 by Mark Williams, author of the upcoming book Super 8! The Lost Art of the Package Movie. I hope Mark will also say a few words about this. Tickets are still only £23 and if you’re staying at The Grand and your terms include dinner, you can attend the Collectors’ Dinner at no extra charge, but inform me in advance, as otherwise you won't be on the seating plan! Please send me a PM if you would like to book or ask anything about the evening.

This year is crucial in terms of rebuilding momentum following the lack of an event in 2020, and it's great that the Guest family and the various collectors involved are making every effort to provide an exceptional weekend from Friday evening onwards. I hope UK collectors beyond Lancashire will be encouraged by the fact that I've already had two bookings from the USA!
        Last edited by Adrian Winchester; August 25, 2021, 06:27 AM.

Comment

I have been trying to call to book a room on the number given in the Upcoming Events page on the forum (01253 627977), but keep getting after long ringing tone a message that my call can't be taken at the moment.

Anyone else having trouble? Or am I doing something wrong?

Comment

As Adrian says above this years event is crucial in keeping the momentum going for the next film fair in 2022, so please do try and attend if you can.

I’m really looking forward to curating the after dinner film show and hope to include a few rare gems released by Derann and other distributors on Super 8.

I will also talk about my forthcoming book too on the art of the Bootlace Cinema.

Hope to see everyone there!

Comment

Brian - I'm aware of people booking by using the number 01253 623434 (which has also been stated in 'Projections'), and it's then important to press option 3. This should enable you to get through to key person Sally Wilson. Perhaps to help others, you could indicate if this works for you.

Comment

Yes Adrian it did. I also phoned Elaine Guest and got this number and now I am booked OK. I have informed them that I wish to have the Saturday meal transfered to the event one. I will contact you to confirm I wish to attend.

Comment

Thank you for the updated hotel contact information. I've changed the number in the Upcoming Film Conventions & Events thread.

Mark,

That's wonderful news about your book. Please keep us up to date on your progress.

Comment

Thanks Doug..it’s been a long time coming that’s for sure

Comment

I'm trying to come. I already booked my Eurostar tickets but couldn't book the coach (there seems to be a bug on the company's website, Paypal payment failed, credit card charged but no booking confirmation nor on the screen, nor via e-mail...). And the corona is still around, so I'll do everything I can to attend but it's not as easy as it was...

Comment

Yes travel can be a problem. I have managed to get on one of the direct London to Blackpool trains (and return) this year. It's pity that the proposed Eurostar to the North of England service never actually happened, despite shorter trains being purchased for it and even Night Star sleepers being built..

Comment

I'm getting a direct service on the way back to London, although it's generally possible to get a lower price by booking Blackpool to Birmingham and Birmingham to London via separate tickets, even if you're in the same seat on both!

I just looked up the details of Night Star and agree it's a shame it never proceeded. I'm surprised that a daytime service to the north of England/Scotland has never been tried. At least Blackpool visitors will finally be able to get a tram from Blackpool North to The Grand next year!

Comment

Many collectors are literally counting down the days! Elaine Guest asks that any dealers wanting a last-minute table contact her now on 0793 145 7817. For accommodation, do look at Adrian's message above.

Comment

Booked...Cheers, Shorty

Comment

Working...
                              X