Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mentioned to my wife that I was considering going up to Blackpool a bit last minute and it now looks like the whole family is going so that's me, my wife, our son and her parents. I was planning to take the train but with 5 of us it makes sense to go by car instead now. Hopefully we can find somewhere to stay this late in the day........

Comment

Nice one Rick, the more the merrier, it’s a great venue and the location is epic!

Comment

Hi Rik, happy to hear you and your family are coming to Blackpool this year, If you look at a previous post on this thread you will find a list of hotels and their telephone numbers close to the Grand Hotel which may be of help. Can I remind you since you are travelling up from surrey Why not make it, as many of us do a long week-end Apart from the Convention on the Sunday,21st Nov. There is a film show at the Grand hotel on the Friday night 19th Nov. at about 8pm ALL are welcome including childeren and it's free, Next day 20th Nov. There will be film shows running most of the day come and go as and when you please again it's free and all, including childeren are welcome. On the Saturday night at the Grand there is of course the Convention dinner 7.30pm for 8pm childeren are welcome, this is a three course dinner which also includes a film quiz, a raffle with numerous prizes and to finnish a film show all this for £23.00 per head for more details see Adrians post earlier in this thread or post here again and I will help with any information you may need, hope to see you all there and I can assure you will be made most welcome at any or all of the events above we are a friendly bunch, I am sure you will enjoy it.

Comment

Hi Rik. Nearly 1000 B&Bs in sunny Blackpool the highest in our nation so you should be ok
          More exciting news! The Illuminations will be switched on shortly before the main event winds down so it can't reely get any better....can it?

What a weekend!

Comment

Just a note to say that if you plan to come to the Saturday Film Collectors' Dinner but haven't yet booked, please PM me by Sunday 14th as I'll be preparing the seating plan soon afterwards and I'll need to advise the Grand of the expected final number. It certainly promises to be a memorable evening and I must express appreciation to our overseas visitors as their enthusiasm is inspirational! This year, we have two from the USA, five in the Scandinavian group and our loyal friends from Belgium and Northern Ireland.

If you have DB&B terms at The Grand, remember that I won't know that you wish to transfer your Saturday dinner to the Film Collectors' Dinner unless you've told me.

I've heard there's a George Formby Convention at the Imperial the same weekend (and four in 2022!), and this may have contributed to there currently being less accommodation than usual available in the North Shore area, so if anyone has recently found rooms at a particular hotel or B&B, that information could be useful to others, if you could kindly mention it in this thread.

Comment

Hi all and thanks for the warm welcome - We have booked an apartment for the weekend now. I will deffo be in contact to join you for the Saturday dinner. Not sure if I will be able to entice the rest of the family away from the bright lights yet, but either way Adrian I will PM you the final numbers by Sunday.

Comment

Hi Rik, great to hear that you and the family are coming to Blackpool for the week-end I know you will enjoy it all, looking forward to meeting you all, The Grand Hotel is a modern Hotel in it's own grounds it's location is North of the Blackpool Tower by about no more than a Kilometer. Have a good journey see you there.

Regards...
                Dave.

Comment

One week today, the fun will start at 8pm with the Friday night 16mm feature, projected on an Elf Xenon 2000A.

Comment

So a George Formby convention at The Imperial - I Can't wait - Brilliant - between The Imperial and The Grand - what a great weekend coming - I'll be travelling up from South Wales early on Friday and My Wife and I aim to be in Blackpool around midday - I'll pop over to The Grand once we are in The Imperial and hopefully see some friendly faces ?

Comment

I’m proudly presenting the post dinner film show with a selection of films from my collection and will be showing a few rarities on Super 8mm inc a rare 007 short film and a rare fully animated 1976 music promo film produced by Halas & Batchelor plus full supporting programme.

Hopefully there will be something for all tastes on my 1 hour show

I’ll also been talking about my forthcoming book Bootlace Cinema.

See you there!! đŸ˜€đŸ“½

Comment

Don't forget to post some photos.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	23622264_841943675976606_504651205891033460_n.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	46735

Comment

Mark, I want to obtain a copy of that book, by all means....David S., Shorty's face (friendly, though hard to gaze upon), will be there...Cheers all

Comment

What time will the Sunday fair start ? Will that be at 9 am ?

Comment

Hi Dom, the Convention on Sunday will start at the usual time of 10am. but hope to see you Friday night at the film show first. Have a safe journey.

Dave...

Comment

Thanks, David. I will, be there on Friday (if everything goes well). I asked about Sunday because the question has been asked to me by pm. I cannot wait to be in Blackpool.

Comment

Working...
                                X